Well, I face a problem reading some names here. Maybe as I don't have a background info about letters and sounds of other languages, thus, I don't even have clues. To be hones, some of them seem like puzzles for me, and I feel stupid sometimes frustrated.

However, I am of that type of a person who has no time to solveย  such puzzles, yet I won't make it easy and simple to me and cut it short and ask the person directly: "mmm, how do you pronounce your name?"

ย On the other hand, I'm not sure what reaction would it be when I ask such a question. I believe and respect the fact that we are different. Anyhow, your name is the very first gate you present to people as a piece of information about you.ย 

So, if you don't mind and find it OK, please try to send your name in letters and phonemes and its meaning (if you like). I mean written normally and the correct way of how you pronounce "say" it. For example, I'm Hadeel /haedi:l/ not Adil as some called me here because the latter one is used for males. I'm Haaadeeeel, which means cooing the sound of pegoins.

COME ON, IT'S YOOOUR TURN๐Ÿ˜‰!

ย 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

โ˜…
โ˜…
โ˜…
โ˜…
โ˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Galuh my deeeear, I've just found a great treasure it isย  https://www.babynamespedia.com/. I found your name there, and guess what? I listened to it in different languages, too. Your name has been recorded in 23 languages sweety๐Ÿ˜

Search the meaning of names for your baby boy or girl at Baby Names Pedia - the online name dictionโ€ฆ
      Search the meaning of names for your baby boy or girl at Baby Names Pedia - the online name dictionary and encyclopedia!
  • Nice discussion about names may be for arab names its not a big problem because most names have a meaning .

• Well Mr Mostafa,ย  I have close friends from different countries and their names have meanings, too.

I think because you and I are Arabs; that's why we know our names meaning.

The world is still big and not as small village as I thought. We should be grateful for social media as they help us travel without leaving our sofa hahaha.

Regards๐ŸŒท

• Oi, Miss Hadeel

ย  ย Well, my nickname is made up of two separate words: Rys, which is the short form of my first name Ryszard [rishard = Richard] - it also means lynx, hence my avatar - and Perski, which means Persian in my native, Polish dialect. I used Perski because I was born in Tehran where my parents fled to from war torn Europe.ย 

ย  Richard is a name with german root "Ric" and it means - ruler, strong, brave.ย 

• How interesting. I didn't know what Perski meant.ย I always remember the Poland men's national volleyball team by reading Rispersky's name.They have a strong volleyball team.ย ย Zatorski,ย Kochanowski,ย Konarski,ย Nowakowski.ย ย Their names end in "ski"...So you are Persian hmmmmย I have to teach you Persian language.ย 

ย 

• Mr Arash, come and join here please. We have great pals who can speak Persian, too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Babai, you owe me this, don't forget๐Ÿ˜‰. So do I dear, I need to learn Persian, too. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Oooh brave man!

Thank you for illustrating this to me. I'm so happy now.ย 

You are so clever to choose that nickname by the way. It tells something about your great personality.ย 

Thank you again๐ŸŒน

• @babai - I do know some persian words, even a couple of bad ones...if you stay long enough in myEC chatroom, you will learn lots of words from different languages...I don't have to tell you that some may not be all too polite, LOL!

@Miss Hadeel - If my writing made you happy, then I am totally on cloud nine! All my pleasure.

• "even a couple of bad ones" . LOL! you are great.

This reply was deleted.