Well, I face a problem reading some names here. Maybe as I don't have a background info about letters and sounds of other languages, thus, I don't even have clues. To be hones, some of them seem like puzzles for me, and I feel stupid sometimes frustrated.

However, I am of that type of a person who has no time to solveย  such puzzles, yet I won't make it easy and simple to me and cut it short and ask the person directly: "mmm, how do you pronounce your name?"

ย On the other hand, I'm not sure what reaction would it be when I ask such a question. I believe and respect the fact that we are different. Anyhow, your name is the very first gate you present to people as a piece of information about you.ย 

So, if you don't mind and find it OK, please try to send your name in letters and phonemes and its meaning (if you like). I mean written normally and the correct way of how you pronounce "say" it. For example, I'm Hadeel /haedi:l/ not Adil as some called me here because the latter one is used for males. I'm Haaadeeeel, which means cooing the sound of pegoins.

COME ON, IT'S YOOOUR TURN๐Ÿ˜‰!

ย 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

โ˜…
โ˜…
โ˜…
โ˜…
โ˜…
Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ย Pronounceย 

• Is true and my name is,arash but others prunuce me falseย 

• So, how do you pronounce it sir? Does it have the (sh) sound as in shine?

• I agree with you my friendย 

It is hard to read some name especially from different languages and cultures

So it would be great way to explain what those names meanย 

I am Mohammed , it is a very famous name especially forย  muslim people it is very familiar .

It is the name of our prophet , so it means lot of things for us as Muslims .ย 

• And do you know that Muhammed meansย "praised or commendable" in Arabic? It derived from the root ุญูŽู…ูุฏูŽ (hamida) which meansย "to praise".

Thank you for your comment ๐ŸŒน

• Thanks for that details ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• babai is not my real name and I don't think it makes any sense at all.ย Of course, it is easy to pronounce. It's like saying goodbye to a child. babaiiiii... babyeee! :D
    You have already written your full name in a blog or discussion, if I'm not mistaken. The name was great, like the name of a king. What does that mean?

• Hahaha, what a sense of humor you have babai! Thank you for clarification.

My name means the sound of pegoins and doves, but I mistakenly typed it pegoins ๐Ÿ™ˆ, sorry! ๐Ÿ˜

This reply was deleted.