Writing

Why do you write or why do you not write on EnglishClub?

Some of my friends do not write blogs or discussions. I see that some people only chat and use "Lazy English" instead of spelling out proper words. 

How can anyone help a person who does not try to write?  

Please answer and tell us why you write or why you don't write.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree. Sharing helps us give what we have to others and to receive from them. It's how knowledge is received.
  • Dear Mr. Bob,,

I write because I want to share something funny or useful to know...share knowledge and anything about life.

Sharing makes us rich. I think. :)
  • Your opinion attracted me at my cursory glance and went through. To me, As a new entrant this is very useful suggestion
  • Abbreviations like ppl are good for chatting where an answer or message must be quickly typed to keep the conversation going. You just shouldn't use them in your writing because then it looks like you don't know how write correctly. Thanks for your comment, Pint.
  • I write because It's one of main reasons I'm here and I don't write much at first because I just don't even have any sentences in my mind. It took me a while to keep up with people in here.

By the way, I found that I don't know much about chat talks like "ppl" or "tyt" etc. so I decided to keep peeking at others chatting and understand it little by little. Sometime when I have enough free time I chat with people too. I think it's good for me that others use those Lazy English as you mentioned so I learn something new on how people use those abbreviations in daily life chat.

• Thanks for your encouraging writing Bob, personally I still feel my knowledge about English, both in grammar and vocabularies is not enough yet.

That's why till now, no blog I have written.
  • That's true. Most people who don't write fear making mistakes. Some only lose their fear when they are forced to start writing by their school or job.
  • one does not write  as  the may not be in  command of the  vocabulary and  fear  of  grammatical mistakes 

• Good answer TK.

Thank you
  • Dear classmate,

I write because I want to help one another as well as a way to improve my English especially spelling and grammar like tenses. I want to let others know what I've possessed throughout years of learning from others and elsewhere, so they can move on and be happy. I believe this life is depressed enough.

However, I don't write because I simply do not have time.

TK

This reply was deleted.