Writing

Why do you write or why do you not write on EnglishClub?

Some of my friends do not write blogs or discussions. I see that some people only chat and use "Lazy English" instead of spelling out proper words. 

How can anyone help a person who does not try to write?  

Please answer and tell us why you write or why you don't write.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd like to write very often, but there isn't enough time.
    • Writing does take time Kathy, especially if we are being careful to avoid mistakes. It is nice that you shared a little with us in your short visit. I hope this place becomes a "healthy addiction" for you and you find a way to come by daily for a fast look at blogs and saying hello to friends.

I warn you that this community can become addicting, but it is mostly the good kind of addiction for the majority. If I have something I want to write I may work on it offline and then post it later. I hope we get to read your blog some day and learn about you.
  • I'm afraid of doing mistakes.Sometimes a have no ideas about given items to write. It's easier for me chatting, but there are rare to find persons of my age (about 70) and assimilar interests. So I don't write.

• Mistakes are part of life Galina and we improve when we learn from them. I bet you could write about growing up in the city or countryside, learning to iceskate or to play in the snow. I bet there are so many things you could tell us that we don't know about.

Something about your life has been very interesting if only we could learn about it. You realy should tell us and let people get to know you and become friends.

• Hello, Bob!Thank you very much, Bob, for your support! Maybe you are right. I have really a rich life experience. I graduated from the Pedagogical Institute and had been working as a teacher of German at school and Academy of Business during 40 years. At the same time in my vacations in summer I had been working as a tourist's guide for the tourists from Germany, West Berlin, Ausrtria. With groups of business people, colleagues, students I visited many cities of Germany, Sweden, Denmark, United States of A. (North Dakota). It was an interesting und magnificent time. After I was pensioned off I didn't left my profession and worked due seven years as translator for some German- Russian companies in our city and in Moskau as well. 3 years ago I started learning English cos I  decided to be a volunteer of the Olympic Games 2014 in Sochi and it was nesessary to know English. And I've done it! In February this year  I had been working  as a volunteer in Sochi. I enjoyed this time very much! Now I'm busy with my garden and my granddaughter. We continue with her to learn English. I would like to chat with somebody who knows English to practice, but I would like to listen to alive voice,  to talk with a person via skype, to receive assignments to fulfill (I mean language tasks: to describe something, to make a report and who could help me to avoid mistakes and helped to master speeking manner faster). Thanks a lot!

• This reply was deleted.
    • How can you learn if you don't try, Nguyen thi mong dieu? Writing leaves a record of our efforts. If you write a blog you can change it when you find a mistake.

Yes, you heard me correctly. You can post a blog and then edit it to make it better and to correct mistakes. I'm a native speaker, but I still make some mistakes that I don't see. I go back and correct my blogs. A blog is a place to start on the road to perfection. You can come back and edit it every day if you want. If you correct it enough it will finally be perfect and you will have learned some more grammar.
  • sometimes I write on my blog but actually I don't know how to create a blog that is attractive people to read. I've just tried to write simple storied surrounding my life. the main reason that hold me do not write usually is Im always afraid of making mistakes. I had an account on this forum for a long time but It's the first time I've singed in. This forum is very helpful and I regret not joining it earlier.

• I'm very glad you signed in Trinhhuong. Mistakes are part of learning. You didn't learn to walk without falling many times first. Please be brave and write knowing that there will be a few mistakes. Trying and making mistakes moves you forward. Never trying gives you nothing.
  • Thank you for the nice comment Anah. I hope you do become serious about writing and improving your English. You are already advanced, but practice make perfect.  Take a look at my blog from about a month ago "My Blogging Friends" if you need some tips on how to start a blog.

I know you can write already, but sometimes people have problems finding a topic. That blog gives you some suggestions for finding topics. One suggestion is going to this site   http://www.listenaminute.com/  and listening to some one minute topics to get inspired with some topics you can personalize.

I would like to read some stories that you write.  Good luck with your writing and please share them with me.  :)  

This reply was deleted.