Would you change your name?

I can't remember if this question was asked here before (don't blame my bad memory, it's just that I've been reading discussions/blogs on this site more time than what I'd like to confess) but anyway... here it goes:

- If you had to pick another name for yourself, which one would be?

- And if you were of the opposite sex and you could pick your own name, which one would be?

*waiting for your comments*

pNqc9jF.gif?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  

hum....if i were a man....i would like to be called as....Robin Hood.....and as a femalename, it is Gutiare....

• There is no way to pick another name for the same life that is I'm continuing now. I couldn't conceive of another name at all. To pick another name, I must need another brand new life. As to, the second question, there is no need to fumble a new name because my beloved the very name is used to female's one in the same way I use it now. So I can go by the same name for both the genders.

• Of course i wouldn’t change it because it’s like the name of our country.

• Hello!

I like my name. So I would rather pick an additional one instead of changing my name. And it would be something like:

giphy.gif

Or

giphy.gif

But if I really had to pick a real name instead of mine, I would choose one of these: Cole, Tom (not Thomas), Mike (not Michael), Roland, Hugo (where the first letter H is pronounced like in a name Hugh Jackman).

If I were female, I would like to have one of these names: Vika (short form of Viktoriya), Mirana, Lanaya, maybe even Ariel. But I think, there are more female names that I would like to have if I were female, I just can't recall all of them right now.

• Hey Roman! Nice to see you around! ;)

So you would like to be called 'Super Roman'  or  'Bat-Roman'? interesting... 

Btw, nice female names. But if you were Ariel, I couldn't help but picturing you like a mermaid :P

---

P.S Hope you can meet a new member we have called Adriano. I think he could be your soul friend...

giphy.gif

• My name is already a made up name. It's "Ro-man", but now I need to figure out what that "Ro" stands for.

What is soul friend? Does he like everything weird about the universe and sweets too?

• Oi there, folks

To go along with Mary's game, I just would love to change my name to Archibald and were it to be a female name it most sertainly would be Emanuella, for obvious reasons...;)

• Oh, great names for you rys!! 

Archibal sounds very 'noble'... It's a name that I think it should always go with the word 'Sir' at the begining :D 

It fits you very well, also the female name Emanuella... yup, cool names :)

• Probably you don't know someone with same name as mine, right? Uncommon names is a rising value in my view nowadays haha... so I never thought of changing it. As for your second point,  don't really asked myself but I can tell you the names I thought in case I had a daughter; Irene and Bárbara. Never had to use them tho.

• Mm, Irene is a nice name, I like it too. 

But for you, I'd pick Bárbara. Also for no reason, but I think it fits you... And I could call you Barbie! :D

This reply was deleted.