Womb for rent

Since years ago couples with problems to have chidren go to this method to fulfill their dreaming wish.

By other hand there're arguments against it... the desire to become a parent turns to a market, the female body can be seen as an object (human dignity) mental disconfort of the woman after giving birth...

Are you for or against of this method? Would you accept this technique in case you couldn't have children?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Same opinion here Purple, I mean I wouldn't accept it for my case but I agree with it. I read somewhere that it's a successful method among gay couples too.

Thank you for your comment.

• An outlet!? Hahah... now I think I've read all possible definitions lol.. but you're right, in this market you can find very dissimilar prices depending on the country.

Sure, kidding aside a contract must be necessary obviously and with or without a psychologist the surrogate mother should be ready for this.

• It seems to me that this is an outlet for couples who for some reason can not have children. But women who will give birth to a child must necessarily cooperate with a psychologist, so that later there will be no problems + necessarily a contract.

• Yeah... agree. And who knows, maybe next step will be the harvest of humans hehe...

• Thank you Estanis  for sharing  such great topic . 

To tell the truth  this  technique is a new born phenomena  and  it should find  it's place . I mean we don't know  about the later problems and symptoms. we can't have any idea  about the later advantages and disadvantages. Some believe that ; growing up a baby  in real womb of a  real mother can make a special relationship and enforce a kind of emotional relationship.( What will  be revealed later because there is not enough data about) . In the other side when a family hire a womb they can be sure that mother is under medical observations and  the baby can be safe  medically. We should consider the psychological and medical effect of such rental activities on the mother who has hired her womb.  also the effects of Hormones and so on. 

it can be a very good scientific achievement but no one knows well about the side effects of such technological ideas . 

we should be patient to see . 

• Hello Trap,

Such an openminding response, although difficult situation in my view.  We might see it so natural in some years :)

Thank you for commenting!

• Hi Janeth, I've had better (and worse) days :D

In my view, having a child is something really laudable but not a right.

Thanks for your reply. Best wishes 

• I agree with you Estanis!

• Hi Estanis! I hope you are having a good day.

In my opinion the womb of a woman is not like a hotel or a car that anyone can rent at any price, that would be to instrumentalize her body.

There is a deep relationship between the mother and the son during the time of gestation. On the other hand every human being - in this case the child- deserves an identity wich is complex in these cases. From my point of view these kind of actions can have dangerous consequences to the psychic health of the child and the mother (who carries the baby during the pregnancy).

Of course it is a sad situation the callenge that couples who cannot have children have to face.  It must not be easy, but they should find other alternatives that keep the balance between having a baby and using methods that respect human dignity.

As many here stated...it is not an easy topic.

Thanks for sharing Estanis!

• Then hope you won't face this circumstance. You'll become a successful father in any case :)

This reply was deleted.