WIFE has/earns MORE??

Has the world changed?? Still, I can't believe it. I can only take a deep breath.

A man had married years ago. He worked for the family, but he earned less than his wife. In the occasion of Ied-ul Fitr this year, I met and asked him where he works now. He said he works at home taking care of his own's children. While,, as for you to know... He has 4 children and his wife works alone. I don't know what inside their family is, but..I see something burdensome in the eyes and face of his wife.

Another story was from a friend. A husband lives at the house of his parents-in-law, doing nothing (without working).....meanwhile...his wife works in another town. What a view...! Mm. 

In my country and I guess also many other countries, there's no caste or level of society in marriage. But when it comes to the FAMILY of WIFE more capable than the FAMILY of HUSBAND ...OR.... WIFE earns more,,,,

WILL it really become a problem in their future?
If it DEPENDS on something, what is that?
Do you have any stories about such a case??

Every premise is an option. Here I just want to hear your opinion. Thank you very much. :)

--------------------------

Let's keep striking while the iron is hot!
Let's KEEP WRITING while MyEC is NOT in trouble! :D

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If due to some unpredictable events and this will be the only option, maybe I can tolerate husband-stays-at-home scene, but for short period of time. We should forget everything we heard about stay-at-home-moms. A new generation is starting their own businesses, community service, tough jobs that centuries ago only man can dominate. Being at home doesn’t mean you are lazy, where in fact mom stays a t home works 24/7 without a definite compensation. Nursing a child, taking care of the family, house chores etc... are all work, it’s no difference with the man who works outside, on the contrary it exceeds guy’s work because someone will input her full dedication and concern to what she is doing and not expecting too much in return. If a guy can do the same, I can salute the guy. Thanks Onee chan for this beautiful thought you had put in writing. God bless you. 

• I think men and women should care for the family equally and equal. It's not our right to judge the life attitudes of others as long as they are satisfied with it as it is... or as long as it is necessary . To evaluate people by his salary or if woman work and men stay at home, is old fashioned and not helpful for the family. Jobs are not available like sand at the beach and if a woman has the education and the possibility to get a good job while the man hasn't the same possibilities, then  ... why shouldn't they exchange the old roles ... or share the work? 
    The value of a gender isn't to measure by how much they earn. And by the way ... what does it help the family, and particular the children, when the mother stays at home and the father works in different jobs until total exhaustion, because he doesn't earn enough to care for them. I think we should leave it as responsibility of the single case and of the families. For men is it also an experience to see what women do, so they can appreciate and honor more what housekeeping and kids-education mean.
    We should discuss more about the case and ask why still until this modern time the women earn still less for the same work than the men. And why we still discuss about the roles of men and women in our societies. Nobody had discussed in the past when men worked and women stayed at home. Why now? Time changes many things why not also these structures?

• Dear Ma'am Tanya,

You made me remember when I was a student at school. Why were we girls always be smarter than boys....?? lol........ Let me agree with that... ha.....ha.....

It is a choice, but culture seems to be ingrained to people. As my replies to Eva, I will add that every choice has its consequence. And,I believe you could through it all well with your happy family, Ma'am. I'm proud of you. :)

Thanks a lot for sharing your view here. All the views are valuable to me, including yours. Thank you once again. ^^

Tanya said:

Dear Onee! It is MY topic as I had such experience. But I'd like to speak about it in general.

The world is changing. In many countries women became equal and independent many years ago. And, women have different way of thinking, it is anatomy. So, very often we can be more successful, especially in science and business as we come up with unconventional ideas. Men are too concervative to think as we do. As a result, we may be more successful at work and earn more. It would be very natural if in such a situation our men take care of just born kids and home while we earn for living. But, they rarely agree, if they are still on the boat. That is why there are so many divorces, childless families, orphans and much more. And that is why I left my country and moved to America where men consider me as equal, but still want to provide for our family

WIFE has/earns MORE??
    Has the world changed?? Still, I can't believe it. I can only take a deep breath. A man had married years ago. He worked for the family, but he earne…
  • perhaps, women real would like to works outside instead of taking care of family, people wants personal life style either is hard or comfortable. like this: taking own way, earning own money,talking with people they like, meanwhile, Loving own family as well.

i always expected that it would be excellence if i can enjoy my working and take care of my family at same time...

my wife said to me: that's easy, finding a job which allows you working at home!

• Dear Tanya teacher, Coral, Arif Saeed bro, Mehboob and Ma'am Nadira,,

I'm really sorry for my belated reply. This is just a heavy and sensitive discussion, so I need a very good time to reply... ^_^ :D Thank you all for sharing your opinions. I will reply you soon.. ^_^

Have a very good day, all! ^_^

• Dearest Eva,

I really appreciate your thoughts. Personally, I wanted to defend women, lol... But sure, that's fine if some people (especially women) think it's okay.

You said it was the noble thoughts behind them. Mmm...you made me remember about the Drama I watched. :D But, wait...I'm not sure which lines you mean. Maybe in some countries, there are still a culture that based on the noble thoughts.

Ohh, Eva, dear. Again, I really appreciate your thought. I mean the pride as a man, not the pride in a relationship. It's about how people live, as a man, as a woman. We biologically have the different structure and function. Our physical capability are also different. Sorry to say, I may not able to explain it well.....

I didn't say that husband cannot take care of the children, SURE NOT. But somehow, he should at least do something to earn money for a family living. As I wrote in the story,,, though it is only based on my view,, it seems okay outside, but we don't know what inside is. Furthermore,, children could be confused about their (parents) role here, like LUCI said.

You know, the key is the woman. If it is all okay and she is sincere, that's all fine. But, again, at my side, I agree or not, we Islam has the rule like I said, and I think it is very logically JUST and FAIR.

It's okay, Eva. I don't have any different feeling at all with you. :) Like you said, the differences are always there...

Thank you so much for your reply. Sharing opinions can broaden our knowledge and make us wiser, isn't it? ^_^

• The wife  should open up  or may be  due to the economic  situation  it  is done  for the  interest  of the family  of  growing  children ....

the man  who deliberately  stays   at home   and makes  the wife work  is  something  else  !!!  she  can easily  leave him   and  find her own way  ...   :)

• Oh my mom and father your shedow stay always on my head....may allah saved them from evil and evil traps..and grand rhem peradise in the neighborhood of The Holy Prophet ..(peace be upon hin)
  • Oh, wait... Now I'm confused which jokes you mean... :| :D

Ok..ok... Whatever you do, beautiful mom. I believe you have a happy family. And I wish it will last long forever. ^_^

mitran said:

hahaha...oh Onee...what can I do? I think about it so much. please give me an idea...(joking))

Dear,now, I'm working on my company as a manager so...money is enough for my shopping hahaha...

Onee-chan said:

Mitran dear,,,beautiful mom.

I agree with a friend that a job of a mom is really great and heavy enough. To take care of and educate her children. You're a great mom, and you're still beautiful. If you don't want to only wait money at home, you can do whatever job but at home. Have you got an idea?? :) (I'm much think about it in the future) :D

Thank you for the like and sharing your view here. :)

mitran said:

In my family,, I and my hubby must work together. I mean : if I take care of my little baby then he needs to clean my house....hahahah (joking).

As my custom,, man can work outside and earn money for taking care all his family. Wife can be at home and takes care of the kids. but as for me, I don't like that. I want to "work" and earn money. I don't like the case : stay at home and waiting for money. It's not good.

WIFE has/earns MORE??
    Has the world changed?? Still, I can't believe it. I can only take a deep breath. A man had married years ago. He worked for the family, but he earne…
  • hahaha...oh Onee...what can I do? I think about it so much. please give me an idea...(joking))

Dear,now, I'm working on my company as a manager so...money is enough for my shopping hahaha...

Onee-chan said:

Mitran dear,,,beautiful mom.

I agree with a friend that a job of a mom is really great and heavy enough. To take care of and educate her children. You're a great mom, and you're still beautiful. If you don't want to only wait money at home, you can do whatever job but at home. Have you got an idea?? :) (I'm much think about it in the future) :D

Thank you for the like and sharing your view here. :)

mitran said:

In my family,, I and my hubby must work together. I mean : if I take care of my little baby then he needs to clean my house....hahahah (joking).

As my custom,, man can work outside and earn money for taking care all his family. Wife can be at home and takes care of the kids. but as for me, I don't like that. I want to "work" and earn money. I don't like the case : stay at home and waiting for money. It's not good.

WIFE has/earns MORE??
This reply was deleted.