I’d appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

1. Why do you find it difficult to pronounce the English words?

2. What are the measures you’ve taken to improve your pronunciation?

3. What is the best approach to polish one’s pronunciation?

4. Could there be an effective solution to all the problems related to pronunciation?

NOTEIf  you would like to record  your  voice  pronouncing  the  eighteen words that the parrot has listed above, be my guest! The first person who pronounces all the words correctly stands the chance to win a 'Mystery Gift'. The gift will be posted to the winner's home address!

Are your clueless where to get a voice recorder or how to embed an audio player here?  Please  check  my  blog,  "Make your voice heard."  It  has everything you need to know about voice recording!    

Thank you!

On a slightly different note, are you the kind of person who loves fun and challenges? If you are, why don't you drop in on my blogs and see what I have in store for you?

1. Find the hidden expressions!

2. Can you read the  sentences?

3. You too can play music like a pro!

4. What question tag would you use?

~* GS *~

February 27, 2013

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 1. I think that it is because my native language does not have the sounds of English.. so it´s hard to discover how to make them.

2. I watch news in English, I listen very carefully and try to repeat the pronunciation, I listen the two, BBC and CNN.. haha

3. Just practicing.. doesn´t matter if at the beginning you made some mispronunciation ..it gets better with the practice

4. Yes, I think that this kind of websites, the use of technology and the access that we have today to a foreign language, are together a good solution to acquire a correct pronunciation.

• Thank you Gabriel for rising these important questions ! It's so important to know the difficulties in studying and improving our pronunciation so that we can overcome them .

My answers are :

1-It's difficult to pronounce English words  because English pronunciation is tricky , and the vowels have many different pronunciation ,for example : the letter ( a ) in the two simple words : car and cat

and also ,the pronunciation of the words are  different from their spelling in many words. 

2- I think the measures we should take to polish our pronunciation are :

- Learn the phonetic transcriptions and use a good dictionary with an audio recordings of the words 

-Listen as much as we can and practice reading aloud .

3- The best approach in my opinion is  : to study each group of phonetic transcriptions alone and practice them with a clear understanding to the differences between them like what you did dear Gabriel in your blogs : Improve your pronunciation Study sessions which give us the chance to review and correct our pronunciation in an arranged and a challenging way .For me ,I learned a lot from those sessions .

4-The effective solution is the voice training .If we don't have a chance to talk to native speakers or people with good pronunciation ,so the best way is to record our voices and repeat that many times to notice our mistakes and correct them .This way can be effective and at the same time interesting .

• Well. I would start by saying that everything is closely related to the "When", I mean when does the acquisition of this language begin. Of course the younger we are the easier we overcome our pronunciation difficulties. As I see it the hearing ability development may function as fundamental. 

• Hi, Francisco Gouveia!

Thank you for your participation. I would appreciate it if you could suggest what an adult learner of English should do to tackle his pronunciation issues. I'm sure there must be a way! Don't you think so?

• OK, Gabriel. Give me 24 hours I will be sending relevant information on that, including references.

This reply was deleted.