Hello. It is said that grammar is the heart of a language but, I wonder, why the members of this site seem don't like grammar. I notice that they are really eager to give comments when the discussion topics are about social phenomena but it doesn't happen when the topics are about grammar. No one likes to give comment. Even if they do, it's not more than one person or two persons. I even decided to delete my grammar discussion after a long time I hadn't got any comment there. So, please give me your opinion and reason, guys, why you are doing this. Don't you care about the expression I stated in the beginning? Thanks.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry to say this, specially to those who don´t like grammar... but if you don´t master grammar you´ll never get to speak fluently without making mistakes, you´ll never get to write flawlessly,  not only in English but in any language you try to study. No doubt about that.

• Thank you for pointing out the importance of grammar. I've also believed this since the beginning.

• This reply was deleted.
    • You're welcome, dear Yousef. Thanks for your comment.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Thank for liking this topic, sister. :)

• It's good that you brought up the issue. I have to admit I'm struggling with grammar myself since forever!lol! So I might be one of those who would think twice to reply any grammar discussion (not proud of it) hehe But recently I got myself a book on  how to improve your grammar by Mr Graham King. The introduction of the book caught my attention - How to wrestle with grammar and win! Very laid back but informative at the same time. I realized to master this language, I have to learn grammar, or else i would just go round and round and made the same mistakes each time. 

Sorry for the lengthy comment and please don't be disheartened when there's no feedback. Keep on posting those grammar questions. God's willing I might be joining the bandwagon next time :D

• Hi nail,

Your English writing is really good. If you didn't say "I'm struggling with grammar myself", I'd think you are a fluent English writer. ;)

• Hi sp2007 

I don't  hate grammar, just 'dislike' it so much hehehe I truly have a quite problematic grammar, and I'm not trying to be humble by saying this. It's nice to meet same minded people in this site :D

• Thank you, Nai. I like your long comment. :) Well, sometimes a question come up in mind about grammar and I need enlightment. So, when I don't get the answer, you know what it's like. I know there must be some or, even, many experts here but it seems they are busy with their blogs or something. :D It's different with another site where I'm also a member. If I post a question, in few minutes, the answers start to come. Many of them are from the experts or senior members or native speakers. Maybe I'd better go there when I have questions about grammar. :P But, okay, I'll try not to loose my will and spirit to post grammar problems. I hope. Thanks for your readiness. :D

• Hi Chandra,

From my own opinion and experience, I "feel"  ,nowadays, people would like to learn a little basic standard about grammar first. Next, they would choose to learn through interacting with others through chatting...etc .. so it would be not boring because they can learn the language as the same time they share their knowledge or interest about some subjects. Grammar will be the last one they improve when their other skills have become good.

• Yes, sp2007. I think so. I like chatting, too. Chatting is good if we do it with the right person. :)

This reply was deleted.