Chinese Yuan, American Dollar, Japanese Yen, European Euro, British Pound... What's the name of your monetary unit? What can you buy with one unit? In China, you can buy one bottle of mineral water with 1 Yuan; if you have 1 yuan, you can take a bus [big city 2 yuan or more].

【when I was a kid】

【the newest set】

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ok, great discussion! at first i invite you to add me in skype if you like of course, my id is mansoor.mansoory1 then I agree with Sima but Iranian old monetary unit was Rial nowadays because of costless of rial and economic inflation people use Toman instead of rial each Toman consists of 10 rials but with one Toman still you can't buy any thing a bottle of mineral water is 5oo tomans and a bus ticket is 100 Tomans, a daily newspaper is 2oo Tomans by the way you can't see one Toman coin in Bazaar again.

• Huh? people use Toman instead of rial VS by the way you can't see one Toman coin in Bazaar again.

Oh, I am a bit confused, where is Toman? What happened?

Thanks for your comment, mansoor!

• 2387349843?profile=original

• It's Yemen note, yes? The building in the note is grand and gorgeous!

What is the denomination of this note? What can it buy?

• In my country we have DENAR...you can buy 2 cans of pipsi ,a cup of normal coffe..you can buy 7liter of water...few things else .
    • Libyan Denar, oh~ With one Denar, you can buy 2 cans of pipsi ,a cup of normal coffe..you can buy 7liter of water...few things else? It is valuable~

Thanks for your comment, Hythem!

• modaway, thanks for your information!

1(EGP) = 0.8777(CNY), Egyptian pound is close to Chinese Yuan. How is the denomination of Egyptian money?

• Rupee & able to buy candy.

• Candy again, giggling~

So you are from India or Pakistan? Thanks for your answer, SOURABH!

• Peso is an old monetary unit, isnt it? It is said the U.S. dollar symbol $ comes from it.

I saw many zero in the notes, giggling~ So the largest denomination is 10000?

Thanks for your imformation, Nancy!

This reply was deleted.