Replies

• Yes Hamza, i met some times this word in lyrics of songs and i was wondering about it. All members here made it clear to me. Thank you for your comment :)

• Very good question and answers , thanks

• Hello Camilla Marianna, thank you for your answer :)

• Jeffrey i agree with you and i don't think that any serious person would send a CV with a casual form. CV is an official document and must be written in an official and proper way.

• This reply was deleted.
    • That's what i do Jeffrey, thanks for your advice :)

• Paul, "Ebola" is a virus that is very prevalent in the African continent. "Ebonics" or "ebonix" is the language spoken by most of the American black culture. 

• Mr. Paul, all members in this discussion told me the same thing. That it is a dialect which used from not educated people. However, now i realize how pitty it is, knowing that some of these people have never been so much away of their home. Even you haven't finished the school, you can learn from life, how to behave and talk by meeting new people and areas. Of course i don't say that these people are wild, no no. And we don't judge them from the way of talking, not even the educated but lazy people. And after all this time, learnt very well word "ain't" but i still prefer to use the word "isn't".

Thank you very much for your reply and for your advice. Stay safe too!

• Here is a nice explanation of "ain't" from the Merriam Webster dictionary.

Check out this EnglishClub page about Informal Contractions. We also have a song!

• Dear Tara, very informative pages. This little word "ain't", so little but i can't used it. Maybe because i didn't meet it at all when i was kid (or i don't remember to meet it). That time i was watching many American movies and i can say that i learnt many words from movies. Words like "gonna" and "wanna" are very familiar to me. Thank you for participating in my discussion :) and nice song :D :)

• No difference!

I am not is same as I ain't

We are not is same as We ain't

You are not is same as You ain't

They are not is same as They ain't

(S)he is not is same as (S)he ain't

It is not is same as It ain't

It is not considered as good English, specially when writing anything academic; however young Americans still use it but mostly in informal context

This reply was deleted.