Yesterday, I was waiting for the elevator to come. When it arrived the door opened and I moved to walk in. At the same time, another person wanted to come out! We both stopped and looked at each other. I moved left and he moved too! We moved again! Both times we moved together still in each other's way! It was so awkward. I looked down and tried to quickly squeeze by him as he did the same. I got on the elevator and quickly pushed the button to close the doors.

Of course there is more than one way to have an awkward experience, like in an elevator. Share yours or talk about the video below!

Cheers!

allowfullscreen></iframe>

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To clarify, watch the video I included with my OP (original post). It begs the question: what do you do in an elevator? I remember visiting Hong Kong and my experience riding in elevators there. The most pronounced behavior I witnessed was passengers standing literally nose to door waiting for it to open. To be sure, it is a very safe place right in front of the door and neverminding every other person behind you in the same place. But it reaks of eagerness to escape--to be the first one off the lift and in such a hurry. I prefer the back corner as my comfort zone.

• Can we say that awkward situations and embarassing situations are the same?

• Awkward can be used in the sense of clumsy.
      Embarrassing is used if there is something that makes us ashamed.

So I can say...in terms of my story...it was awkward and embarrassing at the same time.

• The most awkward situation was a few years ago when I had been on a trip abroad. I needed to go to the bathroom as we had a pause at a restaurant. I went to the women room and locked the door.
    When I wanted to leave, I unlocked the door but I was unable to open it. I tried again and again to push the door open because it had no door handle.
    Thanks God, one person of our travel group came to the bathroom and called for someone to open the door.
    The actual awkward thing was....the door was a sliding door. I just had forgotten it while sitting on the toilet bool...LOL!!!

https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-25-2014/fREJDG.gif

• I'd have liked to see your face when the door was opened again haha...  

• Hahahahahahaha...how bad you are, Estanis!...LOL...laughing about me!  (pssssst: (whispering)  I would have done the same in case you had such a experience!)

• Oi there, folks

The most embarrassing situation I ever lived throug and survided was when my wife discovered a bra which did not belong to her, it was under the night table...C A R A M B A!!!

• 3674895936?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I think it would be extra awkward to return the bra to it's proper owner.

• Dan, ni hao he zao shang hao. It was an embarrassing situation. My second wife discovered my letter to my third wife. She made a big fight. She called the neighbors and I did not know where to hide my face. Then, gradually, we tried to forget. Thanks for sharing. I hope to be one of your friends.  

This reply was deleted.