"Ladies first" is a phrase encouraging perceived polite gentlemanliness, allowing the ladies to go before the men. It is a chivalrous custom. What "ladies first" behaviors do you think are necessary?

1. When you get in and out of a car, your boyfriend should open the door for you.

2. When you carry any baggage, your boyfriend should carry them.

3. When you are walking on the street with your boyfriend, he should walk along the roadway side of the sidewalk.

4. When you go to a restaurant with your boyfriend, he should pull out your chair for you.

Are there any other "ladies first" behaviors that you think are necessary? Or are those behaviors are not necessary at all? If you are male, do you act on "ladies first" behaviors that I mentioned?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, Onee-chan. Thank you for your response. Nice to see you again.

• Oi there, folks

Methinks that the "ladies first" policy should be kept in all circumstances regardless to tribal rites, especially when entering a mine field.... LOL !!

• Hello, Rysperski. Thank you for your comment. I think that "Ladies first" is not common except European and American countries.

• Tam, indeed, the "ladies first" issue is just a western trend but with the massive invasion of foreign elements, this trend most certainly will just naturally pass away and nobody will bother themselves to mention it. 

This reply was deleted.