Replies

• Hi setareh,

I like the word "faith", it means to me lot of things (trust, belief, confidence, conviction, optimism, hopefulness, hope).

• Hi everyone, so many of your favourite words were really nice and they made me smile. My favourite word is "sesquipedalianism" which means "using long words". The problem is I can't really use it because it's not a word in common use at all! Actually I wrote a blog post on favourite words back in 2012, I hope you might find it interesting: http://www.orchidenglish.com/favourite-words/

Favourite Words
    When I was little sometimes I used to read the dictionary. I found my favourite word this way; “sesquipedalianism”. Doesn’t it sound elegant? Wouldn’…
  • And, it's my turn..... " I " is my favourite word!

You do love my favourite, right ? :D

• Peace and kindness
  • My favorite word is 'kindness' 

• Ah, thank you for your kind words. I don't like to "correct" anyone. It was just a friendly reminder, if you will.

'Mysterious'? Puhleeeease! Becha you've never seen my page. I'm a simple gal and..., you know what? What's a couple of borders among friends? =]

Hurieh said:

Dear mysterious A7,
    Thanks for correcting me. My memory sucks when it comes to memorizing idioms, expressions, proverbs, so on. So I only try to convey the message by my own words. I appreciate you though.
    By the way, Your English is far very very good. I always wonder where you are from. I even have no idea about your gender. Anyway, it's always a pleasure to have you with us.

A738a said:

I hate to break it to ya, but the correct expression is 'make your hair stand on end or make your hair stand up on the back of your neck'. By the way, "I know, right?" is a popular way to say you agree with somebody about what just they said, i.e., I'm also horrified by the word 'metastasize', 'cause it's related to cancer.

What is your favorite word in English?
    My favorite word is audacity. when I first heard this word, it gives me nice feeling. It was like it contained courage, power and determination.
  • mine is 

ERUDITE (learned,scholarly)

• Dear mysterious A7,
    Thanks for correcting me. My memory sucks when it comes to memorizing idioms, expressions, proverbs, so on. So I only try to convey the message by my own words. I appreciate you though.
    By the way, Your English is far very very good. I always wonder where you are from. I even have no idea about your gender. Anyway, it's always a pleasure to have you with us.

A738a said:

I hate to break it to ya, but the correct expression is 'make your hair stand on end or make your hair stand up on the back of your neck'. By the way, "I know, right?" is a popular way to say you agree with somebody about what just they said, i.e., I'm also horrified by the word 'metastasize', 'cause it's related to cancer.

My favorite word is audacity. when I first heard this word, it gives me nice feeling. It was like it contained courage, power and determination.
  • Dear jaish, I also like this word. Thanks for sharing your word.
  • Yes, very funny!
    HAHA-NO-GIF.gif?gs=a
    Mishaikh said:

A4
    Ha ha ha!
This reply was deleted.