Music is an art. It can make our life happy, sad or both. It makes us change our moods depending on the type of song we are hearing.

Have you noticed, if we hear our favorite song/s, it excites us?

One of my favorite songs is "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men. The lyrics are all about the things you haven't said to someone you love. I chose this song because it reminds me about the things I wasn't able to share to my mother because she passed away when I was still little. But I'm OK, because of this song I can always utter to my mother how much love her....

I know you have your own favorite songs. It would be brilliant if you could share it with me and to the other members of MyEC.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• emh .... interested ouestion , i think. i like michael jackson. his song " you are not alone" is my favorite. some time, that song make me crying, cos the mean is very deep heart.
  • Hello Zulkifli,

You very much welcome my friend. I really appreciate what you said to me. Take care.

• @ Abril,

Hello my new friend, Yes I think I should ask myself the same questions. Whenever I'm doing an exercise, I play a happy song so that my workout would be interesting. It keeps me energize too. While if I'm in a bad mood, I play an inspirational song. Thank you so much for joining on this discussion. Have a blessed day.

• One Sweet Day with lyrics

Please do check out the lyrics of one of my favorite songs. Thanks....

Here's the link my friends...

• Hi Widya,

Thanks my new friend, for sharing your favorite songs to us. It's really amazing that you have different genre of music. Ronan Keating's songs are all great even when he was still a part of Boyzone. I admit, it's really hard to pick just one song. But what's important is the ideas that you shared here because the songs we like to hear often represent our personality and feelings. Have a great week too.

• Hi Bahedi,

Thank you for joining this discussion my friend. Phil Collins, an extraordinary singer and song writer. I agree, "True Colors" was a huge hit when released in the market. Hmmm... I couldn't remember what was my first CD but I do have lots of cassette tapes which are displayed in my room because I cannot use them anymore. Should I say tapes are obsolete these times. Have a great week!

• Hello Sally,

I bet you're good at playing the violin. Is it true? I love listening to music while studying just like what you have said. It's relaxing right?

Are you a fan of Ashlee Simpson? You have a resemblance with her, just kidding.

Have a blessed week my friend....

• Hi Ravindra,

I want to thank you for the great explanation my friend. Yes, you're right, any sound could be a music, it's a matter what kind of sound and tempo. How it affects the listener depends on the type of music he or she is listening. Have a blessed week.

• I like music;especially, while I am studying.besides, my favorite songs are many, but what I like most is Rise Up because it always reminds me of being creative and outstanding.
  • Hi Robert,

Nice questioning,To difficult to give the appropriate answer but you mention this question to encourage the people choice  20th-century composer John Cage thought that any sound can be music, saying, for example, "There is no noise, only sound.To many people in many cultures music is an important part of their way of life.Music is an art form whose medium is sound. Common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempometer, and articulation), dynamics, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture. The word derives from Greek μουσική (mousike), "(art) of the Muses."

This reply was deleted.