Some questions can be swallowed or ignored or even you can refrain from answering them.

Embarrassing, humiliating, difficult questions vary according to the person we are addressing or asking. To some people, it does not work that way and they can easily get rid of them. For instance, if you ask someone about his/her monthly salary, he or she might not feel anything about it. The answer can come casually or without any interest. Some questions are hard to cope with or deal with. Let's say that someone asks about your wife's favorite perfume. The answer to that might become a big fuss, and develops into a fight.  So, what is that question that puts you in a hole, or you become perplexed?        

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't have anything to tell your discussion dara sir... im very sorry... i think.. some of our problems change our reactions...... 

Our thoughts will change according to how we think

So we must think about that what we ask from others ... otherwise it will big problem to us..

Everything will good if our thinks will good

• I am quite sure about that, Shunshine. Moods and thoughts can judge that in most cases. I go with you to some extent.  Of course, our thoughts change according to what we put in our minds. Thanks a lot for that nice comment. 

• i am with you in that tottaly the reaction of people to differant type of question are variable and chane from one to other, from my point of view it is depond about the person who ask you and what is the style of conversation ?, or what is his aim to asking such questions...., for example person can ask me about my wife's favorite perfume to bring a perfuem to his wife , other one may be idiot and ask this question as a joke ...,

so, i think we must avoid asking any body about the hidden objects; and let him talk if him would to talk unless that any question can be embressing and humiliating 

• Kalamak sahih wa maagool ya Mostafaaly. You wanted to say that if the intention of the one who asks is clean and he does not mean to harm or hurt anyone by asking. I noticed that some people deliberately ask questions to hurt or embarrass others. Those are the ones whom we should avoid. The hidden objects are hidden. Their owners do not want to show them to us. In that case, no need to dig. Digging can make us nosy.

As you mentioned, we hide things and we want to keep them that way. It is forbidden to dig and discover them. Thanks, Mostafa for your long and nice comment on that discussion, Thanks again

• Maalaish ya Mostafa! I shall come back to give my reply to your nice comment. It is time now for my next lecture. Thanks in advance.  

• Mostly questions that deny or ignore the victims of certain actions or injustice. For example the question about polygamy opened by you on last year's international women's day... Of course only concerning what makes a man happy...

Greetings

• Hello, Notaclue. The questions that hurt or embarrass us are the ones that we try to avoid. Regarding that discussion, Polygamy, you have poured a great deal of gas on it by your nice comments on the subject. We want the woman to be happy too., Thanks for your nice comment on this discussion. 

• Dear Noaclue, I shall come back to answer you and Mr. Mostafa. My lecture is due now.

• I think we should take these kind of questions without much importance and simply answer or say that we don't want to, but one thing is to think it and another to do it. For example: when people ask me about what I think about them... that's a really difficult for me to answer. Haha.

• Muchas gracias Anthony M! Difficult or embarrassing questions generally make us uneasy. Answering them or refusing to do so makes the difference.  As our boss mentioned before your comment. To give no answer is an answer in certain situations. Thanks, Anthony for your nice answer. 

This reply was deleted.