My 6-year-old nephew takes private English lessons, but he says that he doesn't want to do that, His mother likes English and she thinks that learning English is necessary. I think that forcing him to do that is not good because he may come to dislike English. let me know your opinion.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•        My friend, with all my respect; can you make your comment more clear, because I didn’t understand what exactly it is about? God bless you.

• One reason I prefer to teach adults - it is their decision to learn and not another persons.

I think at age 6 we all had to learn something we may not have been excited about.  Few of us enjoy all our studies.

I think it depends upon the situation and people involved.  I had a young student in China who didn't want to study.  I told her mother she was wasting money paying me to teach because the young girl wasn't going to try.

Other students I have had who "hated" English turned into loving English.  It's important to try and figure out why the student doesn't like it.  It may be from too much pressure, a bad experience with a teacher, or any number of reasons.

no 1 size fits all answer.

• Hello. Tim New. Thank you for sharing your opinion and experience.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hello, Feliciandrine.Thank you for sharing your opinion.

This reply was deleted.