What do make you happy?

Last week I saw a very interesting vídeo, a kind of motivational vídeo about a young called Sam Berns. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36m1o-tM05g)

He suffered from Progeria, a rare disease.

Despite all limitations and suffering, he states that the most important thing the people shuld know about him is that he has a happy life... Interesting, isn’t?
Sam says there are three outlooks he follows to live a happier and more fulfilling life.

Firstly: “Be ok with what you ultimately can’t do because there is so much that you can do...”

Secondly: “Surround yourself with people you want to be around. Appreciate you family, your friends, and you mentors, as they all can have a very significant impact on your life...”

And finally, “Stay in a forward thinking state of mind.”
I’ve been thinking a lot about this matter...in fact, I think all of us should discovery what really make us feel alive, and happy...

How about you, my friends’s EC? What's your own philosophy for a happy life?

Best regards!

P.S. I’m sorry any mistake in spelling!

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No idea what makes me happy. I'm just happy.

Being happy is a feeling so it's hard for me to tell which thing makes me happy.

• Nice, Article and question you shared, Thanks.

According to me, Happiness is state of mind, one can be happy in any worst situation and one can not be happy in any blissful event why? because they don't know what is the happiness is.

In Addition to that, Nowadays, in this materialistic world, people often find happiness in outer object as rightly said by @ Svitlana  for many people lots of money, latest electronic gadgets, luxuries car and bungalows gave happiness. However, Happiness is inner peace. One is true happy if they smile in every situation.   

Thanks

• Hi, Snow White! 

I feel that way sometimes too...

This happiness which only God can give us by prayer, I call it "peace that surpasses all understanding".

Thank you for your comment...

See you!

• Thank you for your comment, Estanis!

• I'm in general happy with my life. Just need a break and getting lost far away from home from time to time :)

Thank you Nan!

• You are right, Svitlana!! Happiness begins within ourselves...and I add that the external circumstances will improve this feeling over the time... 

Thank you very much for your so nice comment, dear!

• My pleasure, dear Nan. :) 

• Dear Nan,
    Indeed, we can list many things which make us happy: a family, love, frienship, a good job and comfortable life.
    Here is my favorite saying: Happiness is not your external circumstances. Happiness is your own thoughts. People can't be happy without a positive perception of their life.
    Thank you, dear, for this topic.

• Hi, Roman!I I agree with you... these three things are major indeed! Thank you for your comment!

• Hi Nan!

I guess, there are some main things for everyone, like: friends, love and family.

About myself, maybe I still don't know.

This reply was deleted.