Dear all my EC friends...

I want to feel you out about "Wedding Party".

Concepts:
You can see that people who hold a Wedding Party would spend a lot of money. Even sometimes they owe money to friends or even to the bank. The amounts of that money can be equal with money to buy car or a plain house. To see that they are a new couple, some of them have neither car nor house. Not to mention their daily need. Consider the money, what a about the poor and orphanage?

Have you heard there is a millionaire couple cancelled the big wedding party and change their plan to visit and share their wedding party cost to some orphanage?? They did.

Some people say it's once in life. So, to remind that moment, they should hold it at any cost. Else, just for tradition. (In Islam, I know at least we should let our neighbors and friends know about the marriage. Here, I talk about big wedding party which spend a lot of money)

My question is...
1. What is the essential of holding a wedding party?
2. Is it really worth to hold a wedding party? why?

Comments from married or unmarried people are very welcome..

I will be pleased to hear all your various opinions here..

Thank you very much, my friends.. :))

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Haha Onee, sure, i will send you with pleasure :) Thanks for your wish :)

• like very good i agreeable with you

• Thanks for writing your agreement here, vahid rasti. :)

uc's Discussions
      uc's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
  • How a wedding party is held that depends on many factors such as cultures , traditions , societies , financial status etc..

My opinion is a big expensive or small quiet wedding is not a guarantee of a long and happy marriage .

I love a small quiet wedding in home garden . There is no need to buy boutique flowers and the sounds of birds are the wedding music ...

• Hi Anna, of course it's not a guarantee of long happiness. 

"A small quiet wedding in home garden, the sounds of birds are the wedding music."

Woowww....It sounds really nice of wedding. ^^

I'm very pleased to know your opinion here... Thank you, Anna.. :)

Anna's Discussions
      Anna's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
  • Extravagant people are everywhere in all societies and they are continuously argued about. In my opinion if people are so extravagant and want to showy, they should keep their profile low, but give the money they want to spend to the couple so that their economy will start on a strong footing. On the other hand keeping balance in all aspects of life is better.

• Mishaikh,,

You're right, extravagant people now can be seen in all social status. Now, here is the world we live in. I see some suffer on their economy after crowing over the wedding party.
      "keeping balance in all aspects of life is better". I like this.

Thank you, bro :))

• All the young people i know want and wanted a big wedding party. with a great location, a 100 guests, beautifull styling, a photographer for the whole day. Not to mention the bachelor party wich has to be special and awsome as well. (what a rubbish. As if you are parting the last time of your life) I am feeling kind of weird that i am the only one who says: omg its just a wedding. For sure its just one day in your life (should be) and everyone should see the pretty bride. But it is all so expensive!! For only one day. The bride will never wear that dress again etc. I always say the wedding party is not important but the marriage! i am not looking forward to my wedding but to my marriage because i bet its going to be great. better than one single day in my life. I wont spend a lot of money for my wedding cause i safe it for my children so i can guarantee them a good, protected and safe childhood.

• Hello Sarih,, it's good not to spend a lot of money for the wedding, maybe we can use the money wiser. Well, celebrate or not, we should measure our own capabilities, and not spend the money in vain. I wish your marriage would be great for sure, Sarih. :) 

Sandra is right too, "Don't think much about future , just live and do ur best in your present time."

Many thanks to you for sharing your opinion here, guys.. :)

Sarih's Discussions
      Sarih's Discussions | MyEnglishClub (MyEC), your page in English
  • I think we don't want to spend our hard work money or by getting a loan from bank on arranging a grand wedding to pleased our self or to show off your living standard..And your are right we have to help orphans and poor's so they can live a happily life...the best wedding is of Islam as prophet Muhammad pbuh told us to do...Nikkah in masjid and then reception...
This reply was deleted.