Old age is unavoidable. The older we get, the more our physical fitness and five senses deteriorate. Elderly people are easily fired and can't get a new job easily. They are sometimes treated as a burden on society.

However, before we could get information easily by mass media and social media, the experience and information that elderly people had was precious and useful, so they were more respected than nowadays. What are the values of elderly people?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

•      Well  , elderly  people should be treated  with full respect and regard  . It is a deterioration  sign for the whole society  if they are treated  bad  . People are well civilized  , when they tend to keep and protect  the rights of the weakest  . Otherwise   , it will be the jungle laws that prevail   . 

However  , elderly  shouldn't  work at all it is the governments  duty  to support  them finicially  . That what I see 

• Hello, Rosemary. Thank you for sharing your opinion. I agree that we should keep and protect the rights of the weakest.

•  

Hi Tam

Eldrly people have more experience than young people, for example an older doctor or teacher or surgeon has more experience than younger ones.

• Hello, Saba. Thank you for your comment. Yes, their experience must be helpful for us.

• I think that unfortunatly a lot of eldrey people don't respect young people. Due to not keeping up with modernity they rude and unpolite. They offend everyone because they think that they can do it because they are eldrey and if you try to defend you are boorish.

• Hello, An. Thank you for your comment.Some of them tend to be like that.

• LOL, An!! Yeah, I know a few elderly people like this too. Although, really not many. :-D

• I like when some old people don't care about being nice or polite, and they just say what they think without any filter. Just like kids and drunkards :P
    I guess it's because they know they won't be around much longer, so they just go wild! :D

simpson-abe-stereotpes-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg?profile=RESIZE_400x

• Hi, Mary. Thank you for your comment. Hahaha. In Japan, people are celebrated when they become 60 years old, and they are said that they return to babies.

• I guess if you look at the numbers I am considered elderly but I don't feel old -- at least not mentally.  I have a lot of life experience that I can teach the young if they are willing to listen and I still have a lot of skills to contribute to society.  I think the elderly who become a burden to society are those who no longer want to learn.  If we keep ourselves healthy both physically and mentally we will not become useless.

This reply was deleted.