Old age is unavoidable. The older we get, the more our physical fitness and five senses deteriorate. Elderly people are easily fired and can't get a new job easily. They are sometimes treated as a burden on society.

However, before we could get information easily by mass media and social media, the experience and information that elderly people had was precious and useful, so they were more respected than nowadays. What are the values of elderly people?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello, Bev Anne. Thank you for your comment. I agree with you. Elderly people like you are necessary for society.

• I think elderly people are a vital role in our life. They have a lot of experiences in their life so they guide us a better way, which helps us to choose the right track. They are never ever burdened on society. 

• Hello, Meenu Saini. Thank you for your comment.

• I like to talk with the elderly people. They teach me the time and era before I was born. It's fun.

• Hello, Asup. Thank you for your comment.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hello, Ella. Thank you for your comment. Elderly people have an advantage in some jobs as you said, because the jobs need many experiences.

• elder people are the basic of our life .we learn alot from their experiene in the life

• Hello, Eman. Thank you for your comment.

•  Remember they were once young and mostly had contributed a lot to a certain society, made histories and even fought in the battle during times of war, so in return, we must respect and honor them, even thank them too. They are/were pillars and pioneers of  certain communities so there's no questioning how valuable they are. As they approach their sunset, we must show  them our appreciation by taking good care of them and making them feel that they're still worthy of everyones time.

• Hello, Mareeyaah. Thank you for sharing your opinion. Young people and people who think only about efficiency tend to forget what you said.

This reply was deleted.