Replies

• The most popular book in my country is the story of Don Quixote (Don Quijote). It's a novel from S. XVII written by Miguel de Cervantes and it's considered the most influential work of the Spanish literature. 

The 'funny' thing is that in my country, we all know this book and what it is about but I don't really know anybody who have read it end to end.

Anyway, it's a good story.

2643751271?profile=original

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hi!

I'm also so glad to hear from you. I can't say that I prefer reading in English. I read in Ukrainian and Russian mostly. But, of course, I read a lot in English too. Some days ago I finished The Leaving of Liverpool by Maureen Lee. I liked very much. If you like some family sagas, try to read it. It's a very moving and interesting book. Today I've started reading There Goes the Bride by B.C.Beaton. My friend gave me an advice to read it.

At the moment I'm making a list of the books I should read. For sure I'll try to find some books by Zoe Barnes or Sidney Sheldon.... It's so nice then somebody can recommend you something interesting. Thanks!!!

• Oh, do you know Russian? It's not my native language , but I know it pretty well. I can say that I'm fluent in Russian. Where did you study it?

You know in my country it's  not an easy task to find a book you want as well... But sometimes you're lucky and you can find something you're looking for...

• Well.. here in my country we have a Nobel Literature Prize, he was called Miguel Angel Asturias, and his books are very famous, my favorite one is EL SEÑOR PRESIDENTE, that traslated might be Mr. President, this book tells the real story of a Dictator who ruled Guatemala for more than 20 years, it also tells a love story between two opposite members of the society, they suffer political persecution and have a lot of adventures that were real!.. it`a good book.
  • Hello Tetyana, I like reading too; I´m from Colombia, the most popular writer in my country is Gabriel García Márquez, who received the  Nobel Prize in Literature 1982.

I´ve read García Márquez works, like "Chronicle of a death foretold", "No one writes to the collonel", and "The general in his labyrinth".

Have a nice day!!

• Garcia Marques has been my favourite author for many years. I do love his books. My favourite one is "One Hundred Years of Solitude". I don't like to reread books, but this book I read more than twice. It's terrific!!!

Thanks for your interest!

• I read a story about him... The very old man with enourmous wings..really interesting, I heard that it`s a movie version, it`s that true?

•  

Yes, I like reading. The most popular author?? Weww, I cannot answer that because I don't really know the answer :D There are several authors that people know here, they are local authors such as Asma Nadia, Helyvy Tiana Rosa (both are sisters), Andrea Hirata with his bestseller book hits Laskar Pelangi which is translated already in English and known as The Rainbow Troops. Well, that's for now. ;)

• Thanks for your replay. I appreciate it highly. Unfortunately I've never heard the names of these authors. But maybe some day then I see any book by these authors I'll buy it and read. For 100 per cent. Thanks again for your interest.

•  

You are welcome. You might want to read the review about Rainbow Troops. Here are the links for that. The other link is quite long because it contains the first chapter of the book, but if you are not interested to read such a lengthy text you can go to the second link. You can also watched the trailer of the movie there. :)

http://andrea-hirata.com/english/

http://www.fareastfilm.com/easyne2/LYT.aspx?Code=FEFJ&IDLYT=750...

Hope you enjoy! ^^

This reply was deleted.