Replies

• To share a link to a discussion, just look at the URL in the bar at the top of the page.

http://my.englishclub.com/forum/topics/vietnamese-expressions

Re: Your Topic

I think it all depends on the individual. It's true that a woman often puts a nice touch on a house to make it a home. But, a house is more homey when it has a deck and nice tile floors, right? Those are things that men often do. 

Or, do you mean that men work to pay for the house and women do the work inside the home? If that's what you mean I highly disagree. In Canada, most of the women I know work and do more than their fair share of housework and childcare. :) 

• Thanks for your comment, I understand you, my Idiom means: for example: When we make a house, the man built the house and that house want a beautiful interior and nice tile floors, there must be woman's hand.

• You do not understand me, my opinion is the old maxim, that man is the backbone of every family and always exemplary for all other members to follow, they should be responsible with their child, of course they are the main earner in their family.
    But the woman in the family is not spending money, that the most important thing is to keep the family happy and parenting, as you know very many women were successful and in high positions in social today, not "Men earn Money, Women spend it."

• Don't you earn money Thuong? How do you say it? "Men earn Money, Women spend it."

I didn't like this....Women always work at home! Now they also work outside! But, men still don't work at home? So, where is the justice?

• I think women today as you were also common, many people work outside with high positions in their work, but they still make home well, man do both thing, example: I always take my children go to school before work, when stay home I often look after my children while my wife cook or clean our house...

This reply was deleted.