Replies

• This is a problem that remains. It is necessary to create a habit of discussing within the classroom about what life is all about for each one, so maybe students will find the motivation to study again.

• No way. If I were you, I would change the position about this situation.

• I wish to say something in regard of the topic, but having read comments of members, I think I am not going to say something different. In my view, a teacher is not that who just teaches the rule, mathod, and techniques, but must know how to inculcate them the lessons and is much familiar with the psyches of students. A good teacher always first studies the mind of his students, their weakness and goals which help him to motivate them.

• Hi Shoaib Yunus,
    Today young people have more choices than our generation. So it is not easy to make them interested in formal language studies soon. Perhaps it is only possible to gradually bring them to the wonder of the language. In this process, their contemporary, such as students of same class, could do much better than teachers. It is not so good considering ourselves as teachers always, especially if we are much older than students. The most important element of language study is utilization. In class this could be effective commutations. And teacher actually work as team organizer mostly. I believe traditional class teaching acts better than e-learning for solving this problem. How many students does the class have? In China, it is optimal around ten, which is good for class intereaction. But actually around fifty, as the country is too populated. So teaching process is slower. You need to design better teamwork that all the students are willing to participate. And lingual knowledge is not the only achievement to make. Student will surely be pleased to learn things like better expression and thinking. And they feel bad if it is seems purely complicated, with too many things never touched. So you will know if you simply say we are going to learn a foreign language and we will have tens of steps, many of audience will escape. As teacher you have to learn to make knowledge acceptable to starters. In the same case, if you naturally put English words in your story telling, they will undoubtedly accept. When people are pleased with good relaxed mood, as if enjoying something, they are willing to learning something new and can think smoothly with enough of neurotransmitter in brains. When they have fixed concept in mind that English class is enjoyable, and when they like you, your teaching is much more easier.

• Thanks a lot Mr. James. Your suggestions are very practical and helpful. I logged in after a long time.

• Thanks a lot Martha for sharing this awesome strategy. 

• I think these suggestions are very nice. Thanks for commenting Jenny. You are one of my top students.

• I have gone throught below suggestions, which are very nice.

1. Students' English level and which part do they want to get first, vocabulary, speaking or writing?

2. Students' hobby ( English begain with their hobby)

3. Tell them more interesting stories about English.

• Oh Yes, I think that can work with some students.

• It reminds me of my first English teacher. She always give us smaill gift as incentives. 

This reply was deleted.