Trade Wars

Hello, my friends , I hope you are all in good  mood again...Ather the interesting topics of Dara , I decided to write on economics , It ıs here ;

The China-United States trade war is an ongoing economis conflict between the world's two largest national economies, China and the United States, After additional US tariffs on Chinese good

come into effect on Sunday ,promoting China to retaliate , sending markets lover, China is stepping up ıts efforts to protects its economy from the ongoing damaging trade war with the US, ahead of fresh talks

to resolve the dispute mext month....

I've  tried to give a brief introduction on this conflict . Well, I'm going to ask these questions ;

1) How did US and China trade war start ?

2)What happens in a traded war between the US and China ?...

Thank You ,,,

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Cheerssss Rose...!!  I could never refuse it, thank you!   Now you know my weakness lol...   talking about brands, try 'Puerto de Indias' Spanish gyn ;)

• Thanks, I'll try it.

• Interesting topic, Adriano.

Here is my contribution to the discussion. To give a full account of my opinion on this topic would go beyond the scope of the discussion here in MyEC. Therefore I tried to express myself as short as possible.

First and foremost, I must mention that as a person I reject Trump, as well as his politics and the role that plays on the current political stage.

I would like to confine myself to the facts on this subject.

The trade dispute between the United States and the People's Republic of China. It is a trade dispute that exists since the beginning of 2018.
    Item This economic policy debate is the introduction of new and existing import tariffs.
    The background to this, in addition to the US trade deficit, is the dispute over the protection of intellectual property and the forced transfer of technology in China.
    Exactly does it mean, there is an imbalance between imports from China in the US and those from China in the US, (by the way, not only between those both countries).

That imbalance should now be reduced by increasing import duties.

Over time, the dispute is about a trade war in which it only seems who gives up first or whose economy suffers the most. (In my opinion.)
    But every medal has two sides. If you harm others, you usually harm yourself. The bill also has to pay the own economy and the final consumers, in this case, the ordinary people in the US and China, because increased import duties automatically increase the prices of imported goods in your own country.

In addition, such conflicts not only affect directly involved states, but also the entire global economy.

• Herzlichen Dank !.. Mrs Rose..Thank you very much for your detailed  informations on this topic.. I've read it line by line ,..Yes, You are right !...This morning , I've received a new information about this conflict , So ; Trump slaps 6 billion Sterling trade tariffs on E U , ,and goods imported mainly from GERMANY and FRANCE.....!!!  Thank you

• Hello Rose,

I really enjoyed reading your analysis.
      You said that the US tariffs on imports will hurt the US citizens and that should be true. However, economists haven't yet noted a price level acceleration. Some justify this phenomenon by the fact that the first lists of products (on which the tariffs have been applied) weren't final goods (it was mainly business investment goods and goods that are imported by US companies to be transformed in the US before being sold to final consumers). It can therefore be concluded that US companies absorbed the hike in import prices (and thus shrink their profit margins) rather than apply the price increase to US consumers. Since the last tariff list of goods is applied, every imported goods undergo tariffs (even final goods), which will inevitably impact the consumer basket price of the US citizens. Then, it will be interesting to observe if there is any inflationnary pressure in the coming month.

See you!

• I totally agree, Tiger. 

Thanks for your comment on my comment.

This reply was deleted.