To break the rules.

Hello, guys!
May I have your attention again? (Sorry, friends, I am too curious sometimes) LOL

Have you ever broken common rules, laws, customs or traditions?
How did you feel after that?
Is it too bad to bend some rules a little bit?

Recently I have read one wonderful phrase: "You have to break rules if you want to build a new world." I think It is the matter of opinion.

Thank you in advance for your point of view, guys!

I wanna add a few questions, guys!

Have you ever faced stupid and funny rules or restrictions?
What kinds of them? 
Do you always follow signs with warnings?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If fact, we have the different laws soft or strict.
      Of course If we want to change the laws of powerful or cruel people we have to be powerful or cruel too. Nothing is easy in our world. And we have to be ready to face cruel consequences.
      Actually I meant innocent rules, customs or traditions which were written a long time ago and limit us in daily life now.

• If I got you right, dear Mishaikh, you meant when someone broke laws once, he or she would never stop doing that again and again, right?
    Do you mean when people break little rules they will break strict laws one day?

• Svitlana you have found the gist of what I want to say.  Let me explain further.

I have said:

We enjoy breaking the law

but if we break ourselves, (means fight with the thrill we find seek in breaking the law, instead we break ourselves, (Overcome the undue desire).

We will control, and there will be no violation.

Thanks for your kind attention.

• Let me not agree with you, dear Mishaikh, in some cases. I don't think, for example, that a little kid urinated in a pool will grow up and rob someone or do bad things with people. First of all everything depends on upbringing and mentality of that person. Also there are a lot of stupid rules on the earth which were made by uneducated people a long time ago and I don't think we have to follow blindly them all nowadays. A few of weird rules were the above-mentioned.
      Likewise, I agree with Mary. Some of rules were made "cause it means that there are people who have too much power and make use of it in their own interests". And "the mere fact that one thing is law, doesn't mean it can not be questioned."
      Times change. People change. Societies change.
      Thank you for your point, Mishaikh. )))

• Breaking law is thrilling! 

But what if one, once breaks himself

Self-breaking, though difficult,

if once happenses,

no law is then broken.

• Hello, Sher!

Of course some of laws must be never broken. We Live in society and should follow main rules to escape chaos. 

• Wow!!! Mary!!! Finally I found a confederate person. Next time when you are going to do crazy things don't forget to take me with you. ( Except a bank robbery or pissing in a pool. It is not my cup of tea. LOL) Other things.... Why not? .... HAHAHA...
    To be serious, each rule contains some exemptions. This is life.2393494211?profile=original

• Well, talkin' about laws, unfortunately there are lot of them that are meant to be broken. And that's a bad sign, 'cause it means that there are people who have too much power and make use of it in their own interests. 

I think it's good not to forget that laws are not sacred (as it happens in the religious-way-of-thinking) and the mere fact that one thing is law, doesn't mean it can not be questioned.

And talkin' about small rules... sure. Who has never pissed in a pool when being kids? :P

• Hi Svitlana,

A nondiscriminatory law never breaks. 

• Breaking rules to hurt other people is not acceptable at all. I can't understand those people who do harm to others and try to be cool. It is not cool. It looks sordid. There is a big difference between breaking innocent rules and breaking laws. I hope people will never mix them.

This reply was deleted.