Time machine

Are you a story lover? Or maybe you just like adventures? Imagine that our boss Mr. Josef surprised us with a time machine available for Ec members.

Share with us where and when you'd love to travel, for example... The States in the 70's, Spain on the XV century, Egypt in the XX century BC... just tell us your ideal background you'd like to visit whatever it is ;)

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't want to see future, it's might be artificial. Let's go 500 years back and see how it was earlier. 

• You mean this one... he was Spanish 

giphy.gif

Two thousand years back was a hard time where even gladiators fight to survive everyday. But great monuments we were given from that time. Long live Dara!

• Blog de una nueva idea, Estanis! I saw a movie by the same name and it gives the same idea. To my surprise, I could not understand the meaning of the film. If our boss, Mr. Josef surprised us with this time machine for EC members, I would choose your area. I want to imagine myself two hundred years ago, as a gladiator with a big sword and carrying a big shield, fighting wild animals and the people hail or greet me, "long live Dara, long live Dara!"

• My dearest neighbor María... I know so deeeep inside yourself there is glimmer of positive light ready to be spreading  everywhere  :D

giphy.gif

• tumblr_md5hgiwLaf1raay0eo1_500.gif?width=300

• I'm patient to see someday 

giphy.gif

• Wow Tam! You seem to know me. That's just one of my favourite chapters in the history. 

Yes, this period of time is known as 'the golden age' for Spaniards, actually we could state that 1492 was the year Spain became the country as we know it in the present days, that was also the year Cristobal Colón opened a new chapter in the history. Yeah... I'd love too to visit such time. Let's join them Tam!  

By the way, if I ever visit to Tokio i,m not sure too if I could adapt myself, it'd be like travel to future to me haha..

• You know lot of people were abused and masacred there, right? 

It's interesting how a same "chapter in the history" can be seen as a "golden age" for one culture while it was a terrible period for others.

• I was talking about the development in literature, painting, music, architecture... you know most of the works of art in this country were made during the golden age, XVI-XVII century. Obviously there were not fair subjects for us nowadays, I guess you refer to the native Americans, expulsion of non Christians... but you know too that the history of humanity is not a Disney movie (No need to step that poor prehistoric fish anyway)

• In my reply to Tam I referred The Golden Age (you know what it represents) and it's unavoidably linked among others to Cristóbal Colón and a few events. Still I don't see my insensitivity here, my apologies just in case. I haven't noticed any hard feelings or something similar in any of the countries I've visited in Latin America even when chatted with natives of similar topic, moreover they seem to know our history and appreciate 'la madre patria' (as they name Spain too) better than ourselves. Once chatting online with a Filipino guy he told that disliked the colonialism but is grateful to have known Christ for the Spaniards (please don't puke). It's not fair trying to make me feel guilty, I'm unable to kill a fly, even less a poor prehistoric fish. Again, if someone is offended here it's not my intention but he/she could let me know.

This reply was deleted.