ESL Discussions

Three questions

Dear friends and EC members.

I invite you all to think about following questions and to tell us your answers.

Here you go:

1. If you could have a question answered by an omniscient, what do you want to know?

2. If you could give a newborn only one single piece of advice for its entire life, what would that be?

3. Would you give away your best memory to wipe out the worst?

You need to be a member of myEnglishClub to add comments!

Join myEnglishClub

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great questions, Rose.. this indicates the profound level of your horizon... 

let me try to answer... 

1- what is soul? apparently there is no omniscient to answer it... 

2- nothing lingers.. 

3- this one is ambiguous... I dare not to answer it.... 

• hanks, AG, for your nice words to me.

1. Nobody, not even an omniscient, can know what a soul is. I think our soul is what we are. Each one of us is the only one who knows exactly who she/he is. Our soul makes us unique. There is no duplicate.

2. and 3. Good answers.

• 1. Rose, I'd better call that just 'personality' :P

I'm not an omniscient thing but I can tell that the concept of 'soul' is same as the words: 'Spirit', 'Nirvana', 'Heaven', 'Valhalla', 'Paradise'... subjective concepts made up by the human being.
        Sorry to be the party pooper, but you know me.... I can't shut up  :P

• That's OK, MARY. You don't have to shut up. Please, don't change!

I like your definition of soul. It's much better than mine.

• 1. Just one? ugh... I'm a curious cat! there are many things I wanna know! > _ <

Okay... I'll pick to know how is gonna be the final season of the human race story :P

2. None. 'Cause I doubt a newborn is gonna get or remember anything :D

3. No.  Because, fortunately, I don't have any really traumatic memory. I think all our memories, good and bad ones, teach us something and make us how we are. If you're more or less happy with the person you are, then I think it's better to keep them all.    But in any case, I can consider myself lucky because I know I could have a very different opinion if I had gone through a very traumatic situation (such as to live a war and see people dying, to have been raped/molested, to have been kidnapped and tortured by a psycho...) In any similar case, I would probably choose to get rid of my most terrible memory.

--

Very interesting discussion, Rose. Thanks for sharing!

• Hi, MARY.

1. Are you sure you want to know how the final season of the human race story ends?

2. Don't be so picky and mocking...it was just a rhetorical question...uffff. Admit if you don't have any ideas...LOL.

3. I totally agree.

• 1. Absolutely. 

2. Nah, I don't really like to give any advice. And nobody take them anyway :P

• Thank you dear Rose for your great questions...

1. I don't have any question ... Or maybe I have but I should think about it more than just a few seconds.

2. My advice would be: you are a great person the way you are... don't change yourself... that's the way you would live your life in peace..in peace with you and the universe.

3. No... I absolutely wouldn't do that.

• Thanks, dear Soheila.

Good questions and answers.

Dis you think about your questions in 1?

• Great questions, Rose!

This reply was deleted.