Three questions

Dear friends and EC members.

I invite you all to think about following questions and to tell us your answers.

Here you go:

1. If you could have a question answered by an omniscient, what do you want to know?

2. If you could give a newborn only one single piece of advice for its entire life, what would that be?

3. Would you give away your best memory to wipe out the worst?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, Ahmed.

Meaningful answers! I like it.

Thanks a lot for participating in this discussion.

• Oi there, folks

My first question to an omniscient guy would be - When will the human race finally succeed in destroying itself.

My single and only one advice to a toddler would be - Forgive, but don't forget!

Nah, never....even the worst memory isn't worth to be wipped out with a mediocre, good one!

• Hi, Rys.

When I had been reading your answers, I suddenly noticed, I had forgotten my own.

I thank you very much for your contribution to my discussion.

I love your answer to question 2.
      Forgiveness is the main key to solving every single issue. It does not mean we have to forget what has happened.

Unfortunately, the history of human beings is full of hate and retribution.
      The result could probably be answered by the answer to your Question 1.
      That's why we shouldn't delete our worst memories by giving up our best ones. Bad memories can be the servants and judges of our conscience.

• Forgivenes is being generalized by you and rys . I see this from a different angle ; Forgivenes belongs to God. Only God has right to forgive something or someone from sins ...We cant interfere the  works of God..

• Hi, Adriano.

When people had to wait for God's forgiveness, they had to be patient and believe in it until they die.

Since I am not a believer, I prefer to forgive people myself. It gives me peace, calms my anger, and relieves the disappointment. It makes my life more liveable.

I do not believe you, that you never ever had forgiven a mistake...I am sorry. People are full of mistakes, no matter if they are just small or big. Nobody is perfect. So we should decide whom and for what we can forgive. Waiting for God's forgiveness is just a weak excuse...at least in my eyes.

By the way, as I remember correctly, there is a passage in the Lord's Prayer "And forgive us our guilt. Just as we also forgive those who are guilty upon us."

Please, don't get me wrong. I respect your belief in God. But I expect the same respect for myself, too.

• Dear ROSE.... Sins are forgiven  by God... Crimes are  forgiven by individuals or laws...There are two kinds of sins  and crimes .  1) forgivable  sins and crimes 2) unforgiven sins and crimes........As you've mentioned that at the passage of the '' Lord's Prayer '''   We have no right to forgive them from his/her guilts which committed agaings directly to God....We only beg request from God to forgive them......

Thanks 

• Dear Adriano, please let's stop discussing this at this point, because this subject we are speaking right now, is not the actual I wanted to discuss.

Neither Rys nor I had talked about sins.

• Hi, Rose. These are intersting questions.

1. How do the universe and living things start?

2. Don't forget feelings of appreciation.

3. It is the days I stayed out late at night with friends when I was a teen.

• Hi, Tam, it's good to see you participating in my discussion. Thanks a lot.

But as I already told to Kaan,

question number 3 is not about speaking about your best memory.
      The question is about whether you were willing to give up the best memory you ever had, for deleting the worst one.

• 1. Is there another life?

2. Don't start smoking.

3. When I was 15, I met a girl Tuğçe, this is my best memory but unfortunately it's just a memory :)

This reply was deleted.