Three questions

Dear members of MyEC.

I am asking you the following three questions. Would you like to reply?

1. What is the first thing you notice about other people at the very first meeting?

2. What are you most afraid of in life?

3. Do you think there is something that all people have in common, if so what is it?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My dear Rose, hi ))) Let me also answer your quest.

1. Eyes. Definitely eyes. The eyes are the mirror of the soul (I do not know where it came from, but in my country, it is a very common phrase). Characteristic features, past experience, and even human intellectual abilities are reflected in the eyes.  They reflect the internal conditions of a person's life. So, if there is no good eye contact...I am absolutely sure the person won't attract my attention.

2. Loss of beloved people and pets. Everything in this life has a solution. One or another way. But the loss...is forever. No way how to repair the pain. 

3. Well....here I think we are all the same...two legs...two eyes...etc. But yet we are all different. So...what can be common...hm..maybe hope? 

Thank you, Rose, for your survey ))) You made me think. Take care and stay safe, please )))

• My dear O.M.

1. The eyes are the mirror of the soul, I always say that. And also: the eyes cannot lie, even if the mouth does.
      2. I agree with you.
      3. The smallest remnant of hope can create new and great things. Hope is the only thing that makes people survive the worst times and continue in apparently hopeless conditions.

Thanks a lot for participating in this discussion, Olga. Stay safe, too, and please, take good care of yourself.

• Hi Rose

1. The first thing I notice is her/his shoes.

2. I am very afraid of liars. Anyone who lies easily can commit any crime.

3. Yes. Selfishness

• Hi, Babai.

1. How interesting! I know some people who also look at the shoes of someone they meet the very first time, and they have the same explanation of why they do as you do.

I go along with you when you say, we can't guess the character of someone we meet the very first time, but also, the first impression is often not misleading.

2. I agree.

3. I am sorry for you if you have been meeting only selfish people in your life. 

•  Lol....your answer number one sounds interesting...Would you extend it, please? How my shoes should look to be characterized as a good or bad person?

• Good or bad people cannot be distinguished by shoes. In fact, good and bad people can't be easily identified even by months of contact. So I don't dedicate the first meeting to knowing whether people are good or bad. I think most people are bad. but why do I pay attention to shoes? Because people wear beautiful clothes to attract the attention of others, but they buy good shoes to take care of their own health. Most people don't pay attention to other people's shoes. So people often don't buy good shoes because no one pays attention to them. Those who wear good shoes value themselves. So they are attractive to me.

• Well, interesting concept. What about poor people? Who can't afford good shoes (cos here we definitely speak about something expensive, if I am not mistaken?)

What will you say about this person?

PHH Africa 2008 Needs Shoes | Ken Weaver | Flickr

Does this guy have a chance to value himself? What if his brain is a genius brain, but so far he is very poor to shine in the world and care about his shoes. Do you mean he is not worthy to be called attractive? 

Or this one....a famous murderer... 

craigslist killer Phillip Markoff shoes blood stained

Well, anyway, thank you, babai,  for your answer. It is your point of view, of course, and I respect it. Though, my opinion is pretty different here )) 

Please, we only share our opinions and thoughts here, nothing personal ))))))))))))))

babai
      myEnglishClub (myEC), your page in English
    • good shoes are not necessarily very expensive. of course I'm not talking about poor people. I'm talking about people who can afford to buy good shoes. Those who buy expensive clothes but wear bad shoes. these people are the ones who have rhinoplasty but do not brush their teeth. putting a picture of the shoes of a poor African child next to a murderer is a distortion of my comment. I'm not affected by these distortions or emotional words. a person with a moderate intelligence can easily understand that I don't talk about exceptions. a poor African child! but about that murderer. a murderer is not much different from a seemingly ordinary person. of course I said good or bad people can't be distinguished by shoes, I also said I don't care if people are good or bad at the first meeting, and I also said in my opinion most people are bad; based on these, posting a picture of a famous murderer is unreasonable.

• Lol )))) I definitely got your point, babai )))

Do not get that emotionally affected by my comment. As I said there (and you could read) "Please, we only share our opinions and thoughts here, nothing personal ))))))))))))))"

Good day to you )))

babai
      myEnglishClub (myEC), your page in English
  • 1. That is their appearance, of course

2. Have no money for our life

3.We all have some goodness, Fear, hatred, envy... inside, 

Thank you. 

This reply was deleted.