Replies

• Hi, Miss Hadeel! I don't know if you're mother, but, anyway, this image perfectly illustrates what motherhood is: a crazy time and a lot of psychological pressure due to so many tasks to perform...especially with toddlers! That's why I waited for my children to grow up before invest in my personal and professional life.
    I have two boys and I dedicated myself to them exclusively for 13 years! No regrets for that... quite the contrary: sure it was the most important investment I've made in my whole life. At the moment they are 15 and 11 years old, but I'm not just a full-time mom anymore. I have my own career and social life outside the home, and it's very gratifying! I must confess that it is still not easy to share my attention between my husband, kids, it is not so simple to take care of the house and on top of this having to leave home every day to work. It’s always a challenge, sometimes overload and stress... but with patient and love, we can do it! And it is worth a lot!
    In my opinion, the family is the highest priority, but it is important to develop ourselves in all areas of our life, not only in motherhood!
    Nice topic.

Thank you!

Nan

• Hello to everyone. I looked at the photo and it's very simply to understand for me. I read some days ago that here in Italy where I live, a mother on three dismisses herself from the work place to care about her babies from the infancy to the adulthood but this act costs a lot under the psycological profile: in fact the burden of that choice increases a lot especially in infancy and decreases with the adulthood because when a young man or a young woman reaches adulthood it means that he/she reaches a maturity that costantly will be the same for the remaining period of its life.

Eh, that's true: being a mother with babies means that you have a double job at home to do and you sometimes have to choice what to do, but if you dismisses yourself from a sure work that could give you some pennies to save for their future, it will be hardier than when you were at work at home and in another place of work.........

See you soon on EnglishClub.....

• I remember that we, as women, were created from the a rib of a man, but man created from soil. Which one is stronger? Bone, right? I think that is the reason we' ve got more responsibility than men. We are stronger, we  are able to endure it. Besides that we are happy to do everything for the ones who we love. So, enjoy it.

• Oi there folks,

I reckon that if a woman is not forced to take up a job, whether be it to help her family financialy or is forced by some members of her family, then taking up a job besides being a mother with house keeping obligations depends in the greatest part how the woman copes with both works - if she feels comfortable at home and at work, the "psychological burden" is almost nonpresent or is of lesser significance. If, for instance,  her husband shares the house work and is helpful around the house all this contributes to the ability of the woman to successfully coping with the role and obligations of a mother as well as a money earning worker who takes up the other job to fulfil certain personal ambitions.

Women are gifted with many skills and can be efficient and successfully professional workers in many fields of the economic infrastructure of any given society if not hindered by male chauvinism or other obstacles.

• This cartoon is fun but it is a very real situation.

• Ahib adugoot ya Hadeel. Life is full of sweet and dreadful occasions. We have to be patient if we encounter difficulties. Thanks for sharing.

• Hi Hadeel,  It's not a burden. But some times women's facing psychological burdens, If they having another job. Becuase she have to carry all kind of personal and official problems. And also doesn't have too much of time to spend with their Kids and family memmebrs. 

• Hi, Miss Hadeel, I can see your point! And I agree that the psychological burden can be immense. - Of course it depends on the general health of the woman, the number and age of her children, and the kind of workload/working hours of that job. 

I live in Germany, and the last 20 years more and more women decide to work full time, and give their children into pre-kindergarten. I have to say I don't like this development at all.  Although, there will come a time when the children are older that I would also chose to work part-time again... but before that I would stay at home! Why becoming a mother in the first place when I want be out of the house most of the day?? Makes no sense for me. This is my personal opinion. ;)

Okay now, I know that in many other countries mothers often have no other choice but to work, because they're single mothers, or their partners don't earn enough money to provide alone for the whole family. And I believe that a stressed out mum is neither the best mother she can be nor that she will feel happy or content at all.  And please don't forget the maternal mortality for working women is much higher. So it's not only a psychological risk.

Greetings!

•   House are left upon the shoulders  of mothers   . They are the ones who endure every daily challenges  without complaints  caring for their kids and working at the same time in some cases  . It our destiny to give that's why the Paradise is under our feet . I have just wrote a short story about this topic :) by coincidence 

• Hi, Rosemary! I'd love to read your story if you don't mind...

Can we be friends?

Best wishes...

Nan

This reply was deleted.