The giants' conqueror

When Germany was knocked out, we were greatly surprised and astonished. Then Spain, Portugal, Argentina, England. When it came to Brazil, I remember what my friend, the  Brazilian teacher, PGM said to me two months ago. He said to me that Brazil was not like before. That golden team we used to know would not repeat itself. We were outwitted and out battled by Belgium. He was logical and I was too sentimental to think about the matter.

That was why I called this tournament of the world cup by that name, the giants' conqueror. I was thinking that either Belgium or Croatia would be the black horse of the world cup owing to their unique style of playing. The French were atrocious and mysterious in their plans and they kept their defending way to win the games, one after the other.

Despite the defeat, the Croatians were heroes and that Croatian midfielder Luka Modric really shone brighthtly. Griezmann and his team  breathlessly scored and won the world cup, but the most interesting event about the tournament was the three presidents, Vladimir Putin, Emmanuel Macron and the lovely president of Croatia, Kolinda Kitarovic. They really attracted the attention. One of them took the attention more than the other two. Can you guess that president?

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• even i am not big fan of soccer, but yeh the way french and  (underdog) croatian played was an amazing & quite surprising although they flabbergasted the world by their performance , ...i think president kolinda kitarovic was the center of attraction,  people trolled viladmer putin to bring umbrella in the heavy pour.  

• Kolinda Kitarovic

• I am like Anastasia, Dara.....I did not watch the World Cup either......nor do I know these presidents...….but if being human enters into such a thing.....I would have to say the woman maybe...…...everyone loves to watch a woman.  But I could be wrong......LOL  Nice blog......and nice to see you back after such a long absence......HUGGGGGGGGGGGG

• President Croatia Kolinda Kitarovic. is it true ?

•   Although  I haven't watched the world cup I think that Emmanuel Makron. I hope I am right. Nice blog and well written.

• Good to see you back Dara.

Sports especially football is not my kind of entertainment.

This reply was deleted.