Some say teaching is a science. Others argue that it's an art. Frankly speaking I would say that it is really a controversy. If I'd say it's an art one would ask, why are people trained to become teachers? It's the situation is set the other way around the argument would lay on "nobody is born to do anything". We are priorly taught to do anything in life.

Yet, the question is set. Is teaching an art or a science?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• in my opinion  english is an art cause in process of teaching this language much criativity has been used by the teacher despite everthing english is also a science that´s way we study it intensivly.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Art...?

• I am 50% with you. See, as a talent techniques must be taken into consideration. Psychologically thinking a talented teacher has to be able to understand his or her students. In this circustances it's had to set the science a part. Concepts, objectives and methods can be priorly set. Then, what if we think of teacher as a congregation of both talent and science.

• For me.. probably it´s a combination of art and science.. you can handle the language, but if you lack the feeling and the rapport that is necessary to make the students feel confident and sure to talk.. it´s more difficult to learn a second language..even with a native speaker without passion to teach..

• Thank you very much for your comment. Your reply has helped me a lot.

• Let's start...!

This reply was deleted.