strange traditions

The second time I got married, my wife's aunt brought a tub and went inside with me and my wife to witness the consummation of our marriage. I turned to my wife and whispered in her ear, "Why is she here? what is that big plate for?" My wife answered me that she was going to be with us to wash our feet together and then witness the first sexual intercourse between us. Of course, I disagreed at once and told her to tell her aunt to get out of the room. Then my wife brought a white scarf and put it under her. I didn't care about it and we finished our first night with screams and that red fluid came from her into that white cloth. Then my wife happily and proudly took that piece of cloth to her mother which she showed it to her neighbors and friends and relatives. I was shy when I knew about it. Basically, traditions, habits, and religions differ from one society to the other. In our communities, the chastity or virginity of the bride depends on her hymen. Her husband is the man who opens that membrane. Do you agree to have other people present on your first night of marriage? Does it mean absolute masculinity and feminity for both sides?  What do you think? Is witnessing a consummation of marriage considered a strange tradition? 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yes,it is a strange tradition to current world,maybe it exist in the world somewhere.

• Shookran bizzaf Abdennour! It's indeed very weird. I guess as you said, it is only in our Arabic world. In other countries, they date and they can have their first sexual experience before they are officially married. I suppose, no one will approve to be watched while he is alone with his dear one. Thanks, Nour for your nice and useful comment!

Abdennour said:

Neither Allah nor Mouhamed (peace be upon him) ordered us to make such as these bad traditions in our marriage. This tradition is still upheld especially in the Arab world. I disagree to have other people witness my first sexual intercourse. 

strange traditions
    The second time I got married, my wife's aunt brought a tub and went inside with me and my wife to witness the consummation of our marriage. I turned…
  • Spasibo Valentina! I sent that photo about our lunch last week, did you see it? Thanks, for your comment on the discussion!

valentina said:

If you don't like something and can change it, then do it. If you can't change it, then there's no use talking about it. As I understand, you and your wife are from different countries and belong to different cultures. So you should have discussed everything together before your wedding.

strange traditions
    The second time I got married, my wife's aunt brought a tub and went inside with me and my wife to witness the consummation of our marriage. I turned…
  • Neither Allah nor Mouhamed (peace be upon him) ordered us to make such as these bad traditions in our marriage. This tradition is still upheld especially in the Arab world. I disagree to have other people witness my first sexual intercourse. 

• If you don't like something and can change it, then do it. If you can't change it, then there's no use talking about it. As I understand, you and your wife are from different countries and belong to different cultures. So you should have discussed everything together before your wedding.

• Azhar, kiyon aap mera dost nahi manta? I wrote what happeared exactly. I hope you send me the friend request. Thanks for your nice comment!

اظہر الدین سید said:
    Is this what happen in real dara? ?? If it is I can't imagine I personal disagree with this concept however am thankfull you shared a bit knowledge about the culture you live in...
    strange traditions
  • Is this what happen in real dara? ?? If it is I can't imagine I personal disagree with this concept however am thankfull you shared a bit knowledge about the culture you live in...
  • Xie xie Ultra_Kid! My story was a real one. Of course, we have to respect them and their traditions, but weird ones as you mentioned, we must try to avoid doing them. Thanks, my dear good friend  for your nice comment on that discussion!

ultra_kid said:

These culture seems to happen in ancient China as well. I found this culture very weird, and something that I can not find myself in such situation. But that's their cultural tradition, it happens for a reason, and we should respect that.

Btw, is that your story for real ? If it's true... LOL :))

strange traditions
  • These culture seems to happen in ancient China as well. I found this culture very weird, and something that I can not find myself in such situation. But that's their cultural tradition, it happens for a reason, and we should respect that.

Btw, is that your story for real ? If it's true... LOL :))

This reply was deleted.