strange traditions

The second time I got married, my wife's aunt brought a tub and went inside with me and my wife to witness the consummation of our marriage. I turned to my wife and whispered in her ear, "Why is she here? what is that big plate for?" My wife answered me that she was going to be with us to wash our feet together and then witness the first sexual intercourse between us. Of course, I disagreed at once and told her to tell her aunt to get out of the room. Then my wife brought a white scarf and put it under her. I didn't care about it and we finished our first night with screams and that red fluid came from her into that white cloth. Then my wife happily and proudly took that piece of cloth to her mother which she showed it to her neighbors and friends and relatives. I was shy when I knew about it. Basically, traditions, habits, and religions differ from one society to the other. In our communities, the chastity or virginity of the bride depends on her hymen. Her husband is the man who opens that membrane. Do you agree to have other people present on your first night of marriage? Does it mean absolute masculinity and feminity for both sides?  What do you think? Is witnessing a consummation of marriage considered a strange tradition? 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Main tum ku itifak hain, Azeam Omer. Bad traditions should be avoided for our coming generations. Thanks, for your nice reminder!

Azeam Omer said:

it is not a good tradition, we should stand against it. 

strange traditions
    The second time I got married, my wife's aunt brought a tub and went inside with me and my wife to witness the consummation of our marriage. I turned…
  • it is not a good tradition, we should stand against it. 

• Bilkul Mishaikh janab! Even if it was done in the past, shyness was not invented in the past. Thanks, for your straight forward opinion!

Mishaikh said:

I have read a reference about this in the book the Davinci Code as some ancient secrete ritual.

In my opinion this is uncivilized
    strange traditions
    The second time I got married, my wife's aunt brought a tub and went inside with me and my wife to witness the consummation of our marriage. I turned…
  • I have read a reference about this in the book the Davinci Code as some ancient secrete ritual.

In my opinion this is uncivilized
  • Si senior Estanis. Estoy de acuerdo contigo. I go with you Mr Estanis. It's a long story, my dear good friend. Thanks for your frank and straight opinion!

Estanis said:
    Looool... Dara! Witnessing such event is something more than a strange tradition to me! I just can't imagine in such situation :D
    Anyway I think wives are in a disadvantage in these traditions.
    strange traditions
  • Looool... Dara! Witnessing such event is something more than a strange tradition to me! I just can't imagine in such situation :D
    Anyway I think wives are in a disadvantage in these traditions.
This reply was deleted.