sleep

Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for the health, or is it bad? Sleep is like death.  Our eyes are closed, our nervous system is inactive. Our muscles... even our consciousness is not available. It is comparable to death, or am I mistaken? 

What happens when we sleep? Is there any difference between sleep, naps, dozes, siestas, or snoozes? Can we stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Atafig maak ya ustatha Sewar fi kul kilmah! I agree with you, we do not have to waste most of our time sleeping for many hours. There should be certain times for sleeping. Believe me, I do not feel anything when I sleep. I rarely dream of strange things, you can call them nightmares. I am fond of watching horror movies. God bless you, my dear good friend. I am sorry for the late reply.

• In my opinion, it is good for our health. Although our eyes are closed, nervious system is inactive, your can imagine this a short period or process that for resting. Nowaday, human are always busy, busy to think about how to earn more money, busy to look on their cell phone, busy to play games; it is not easy to separate from the world phsically and mentally. However, our muscle, hair and bone are growing, our brain and consciousness are settling down, it is giving us more time to recharge our power and prepare for next day. However, we are not in this world anymore after death (migtht going to other world or place?), we are not wake up anymore, all the phisological structure in our body will stop develop. 

• Ice Lemon Tea, wo de zhong guan bu hao! You mentioned a very important fact here. during the era of cell phones and social media, sleep is less. Believe me, I spend more than five hours per day on my mobile phone. Do you believe me? Can we call sleep temporary death? I really like your nice interjection, my dear new friend and I hope to improve my broken Chinese with you. Thanks for your comment on Sleep. 

• Eight hours of sleep is required. in simple words this is like system update, which is mandatory and need on a daily basis for proper functioning of body and mind. There are many things happen during our sleep. Two main things, all the short term memory (what we learned/read/watch daily) will move in to permanent/long term storage, and the second one brain will connect the dots(the information which we received on daily basis) this will help us to think creatively, efficeintly.  if you are more intrested to know about sleep.

Please read this book.

https://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Sleep-Unlocking-Dreams/dp/1501144316

Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams: Matthew Walker PhD: 9781501144318: Amazon.co…
    Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams [Matthew Walker PhD] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. <b>“ Why We Sleep</i>…
    • Ramchandra, sub sei pahili, main tum ku dost manta. I read part of the book. It is a good source of information. I really appreciate that kind of intervention. It gives the article additional information. I hope to be one of your friends. Thanks 

• I think adults needed at least 6 hours of sleep cause the more we get older the shorter we tend to do it. 

• Ikaw maganda, guru Mareeyaah! Lovely ladies like you do not get old. I will try to do my best to assist in that regard. Rest assured my respected teacher. Don't forget to extend my regards to your family. 

• Toi dong ee, Jimmy Nguyen! Lol! Twenty four hours. Impossible, half of your age is lost. hahah, thanks for your nice comment. 

• That is one awesome doubt. I will try to sleep 24 hours I I have chance.

• Xin chao Jimmy Nguyen. Try to do that. I am sorry for the late reply.

This reply was deleted.