sleep

Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for the health, or is it bad? Sleep is like death.  Our eyes are closed, our nervous system is inactive. Our muscles... even our consciousness is not available. It is comparable to death, or am I mistaken? 

What happens when we sleep? Is there any difference between sleep, naps, dozes, siestas, or snoozes? Can we stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Salama Abarivelo! What you said was right. We need to sleep to give our body rest and tranquility. Starting new activities needs power and strength, we have to sleep as you mentioned. Thanks for your nice comment on this discussion, Sleep. 

• You're right sir. We have to sleep at least 8 hours a day

• Helen Sera, aku tak faham kenapa gambar kamu cantik? I agree with you, my lady. Thanks for your comment on that discussion, Sleep.

• Hello, sleeping more than 8 hours a night is only useful for our health. In fact, a lot of scientists are recommending to sleep for at least 8 hours a night or more: in fact when we sleep, our brain makes an activity that not all of us know. Its primary activity when we are sleeping is to clear its areas from all information that he doesn't use and so his areas full of information we don't require to remember, are cleaned up and all the free space is now ready to be filled up with much more important information for us.That's the main reason for which we have to sleep at least 8 hours a night or more. See you soon and good evening.

• Muchas gracias seniora Favola! First, I am sorry about this late reply. second, Talking about areas inside the brain is something new to me. According to my humble information, the brain is like the memory of our cell phone. If it is filled with many items, its work can be a bit difficult. Sleeping cleans the brain from the unusable or undesirable items Thanks, Favola for your nice comment on Sleep

• Thank you for clear explanation Rita.

As far as I know, sleeping is also important to hormonal balance.

Boosting our health, mood, productivity, of course, it depends on personal needs.

• Nasilsin Selma! Thanks for your nice comment. Sorry for the late reply.

• Grazie Rita Daniela Balestrieri! Thanks, my dear friend for your nice tips on Sleep. They are indeed very useful. Eight hours a day are considered one-third of that day. The other third for work and the last one is for other activities, eating drinking, and sports. Thanks again for your nice comment on Sleep.

• Hello, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. It is the same as how some components of computer works ;)

• Dear  Rabarivleo, I am really hoping to be one of your friends. Is that possible? Thanks for your nice comment on this discussion, Sleep. Thanks again. 

This reply was deleted.