sleep

Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for the health, or is it bad? Sleep is like death.  Our eyes are closed, our nervous system is inactive. Our muscles... even our consciousness is not available. It is comparable to death, or am I mistaken? 

What happens when we sleep? Is there any difference between sleep, naps, dozes, siestas, or snoozes? Can we stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nowadys information gatherd from diffrent areas differ from time to time. so far I was aware of sleeping for eight hours for adults is good for their health. recently I herd that  six houres is enough. Personaly I belive, it depends in peoples way of life.The best ting is to have deep sleep for shorter period of time rather than sleeping for 8+ houres full of dreams  and nightmares.

• Yaganiyalli Selam!  I  agree with you. Eight hours is enough time for adults.  as you mentioned, it is  different from one place to the other.  I experienced bad dreams and nightmares  when I slept for more than eight hours. Thanks, Selam for your nice comment. 

• Profesor Cooper,  mind gushta scribir. Welcome to My E C.  Forgive my broken Spanish.  You can sleep as many hours as you want, but  please, I want to be one of your friends. Is that possible? Thanks. 

• Everyone sleeps, as much as his body requires.

• Gracias Mr. Cooper Varley! Thanks for that tip on Sleep.

• Sometimes, something were wrong and the person becomes insomniac...

• Buna Rico Sky, si shai mai fashi? Staying awake is not good. I mean during night time. Thanks for your nice comment on Sleep. 

• Hi,

you wanted to ask me what do I do? In romanian... "Ce mai faci?" The groups of letters "ce" and "ci" are pronounced like che and chi from cherries and children. :) I agree with you: "Staying awake is not good", but Nothing so bad in which there is not something of good ... I can get more time for other activities!

• Molte molte grazie Nico_Sky. I really appreciate that. Excuse that awful language of mine, but it is nice of you to show me my mistakes. Gradually, I can avoid them and try to improve my broken Italian language. Thanks a lot for that. Just keep correcting me whenever I make a mistake while talking or writing. I repeat thanks again. 

• No, that's not right at all. In fact, a lot of scientists are recommending to sleep for at least 8 hours a night or more: in fact when we sleep, our brain makes an activity that not all of us know. Its primary activity when we are sleeping is to clear its areas from all information that he doesn't use and so his areas full of information we don't require to remember, are cleaned up and all the free space is now ready to be filled up with much more important information for us.That's the main reason for which we have to sleep at least 8 hours a night or more. See you soon and good evening.

This reply was deleted.