sleep

Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for the health, or is it bad? Sleep is like death.  Our eyes are closed, our nervous system is inactive. Our muscles... even our consciousness is not available. It is comparable to death, or am I mistaken? 

What happens when we sleep? Is there any difference between sleep, naps, dozes, siestas, or snoozes? Can we stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Grazie Andriano! Thank you.  

• Acora, Adriano Martell, non lo so> Were they seven? Thanks again and sorry for the late reply.

• No. I never heard of that 7. What is it?

• I think any thing in excess is not good. Same is the case with sleep. Babies sleep more and eat less. They can sleep for 15 hours. 

Normal peopleneed sleep but there are some exception. some people dont sleep. 

• Umeed, aap kiya bola? I will start with your last sentence, some people don't sleep. Are you sure? Maybe some people drive for long hours and they use some drugs to stay awake. They do not sleep for two or three days, but once the effect of that drug is gone, wow.  I really agree with you. Anything that is beyond its limit can give opposite results. Thanks, Umeed for your nice and useful comment.

• Hi, Dara. Death and sleep are very different. Death means "The functions of all parts of a human body stop. and they never recover". Sleep means "A human body and brain rest for a time, and they refresh after sleep". How many sleeping time a person needs depends on the person. As for me, eight hours is proper.

It is said that taking a nap is useful to work your brain effectively. Staying awake for more than twenty-four hours is bad for the health and our brains can't work normally in the situation. Sleep is very important for us.

• Tam, sore wa arigataides! I see, it is not comparable to death, is it? I shall quote from your nice comment this one, "the functions of all parts of a human body stop, and they never recover" with the omission of the last part of that sentence, when we sleep, that also happens. That was why it came to my stupid mind that idea. I noticed that some of the members had to say more about this, including our boss. I will check their respected answers and come back to you again, Tam. 

Regarding taking a nap, I have experienced that myself. It really gives me more energy to continue my activities afterward. Thanks, Tam for those nice points. I will check the other opinion of the members and I shall come back to your comment.  A big hug to a great friend!

• Bravo, Congratulations, That's a perfect answer ...He also doesnt know differences between death and sleep....The other answers all taken from google...We've to create replies from our own minds...Thank you... You are the best commentator....

• Grazie molto Adriano Martelli! Thanks for your comment.

• Thank you.

This reply was deleted.