sleep

Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for the health, or is it bad? Sleep is like death.  Our eyes are closed, our nervous system is inactive. Our muscles... even our consciousness is not available. It is comparable to death, or am I mistaken? 

What happens when we sleep? Is there any difference between sleep, naps, dozes, siestas, or snoozes? Can we stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think sleeping more than 8 hrs a day is not vey good for our health. Like everything that goes too much is not good for us. But tbh sometimes I can sleep for more than 8 hrs, and after that i get dizzy haha.

• Pertama tama, kenapa  kamu cantik begitu, Marita Widiarti? I totally agree with you, my dear young lady. Everything that exceeds its limits goes in the opposite direction. I am going to pray Magrib prayer. Thanks for your quick reply. 

• I was on off for two days, went to relative's home.

As per my opinion, The Sleep A most valuable thing for human's life as while we are slepping, All body organs are trying to recover, which were worked on whole day for any reason and consumed a lot of calories, same it affects on body cells, blood cells and another vital systems to get function properly and all those really needs to get relaxed. So, it is most beautiful gift we hv got from the GOD that's Sleep.

I don't know on this as we can active if not taking inappropriate sleep, but, I am sure about myself I will not be look like living human being if sleep is not being taken as on regular time.

Thanks.

• Kiya haal hain, Viral Panchat?  First, I want to apologize for the late reply. It is true that regular hours of sleep are good for the body. As you mentioned, after a long hard day of work, our bodies need rest and sleep. Some people like taking naps. By the way, naps are good for the body. Especially for early risers. 

Concerning the scientific side of the lack of sleep, I am not aware of that, but one thing is certain to me. When I sleep late at night, it is difficult for me to wake and pray "Fajr" prayer. Besides, I feel lackadaisical about continuing my daily activities. Thanks, Viral for your nice comment. 

• Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for the health, or is it bad? 

I think sleeping more than eight hours it's bad for the health. 

• Eman, ana ahib annoum wa ahib Asudan. Naturally, sleeping extra hours is not good for health. Of course, that is generally talking. I am not sure about the scientific point about it. I know that the person becomes lazy if he or she sleeps more than the usual hours. Thanks, Eman for your nice comment. 

• Saya harap  Iwan   baik. Thanks for pressing the like button. 

• Asante sana Molemane! Thanks for  pressing the  like button.

• Can we stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours?

yes i can, dealing with some assignment need me to handle..but i don't recomend this for everyone, if you stay awake over twenty hours you will feel kind of getting high...hehe...if you having this kind of condition go straight for resting even just less than a hours it will helps you alot  before you really have time to go bed fully

• Terima kasih banyak Iwan Maula! I really appreciate your guiding comment. It is nice of you to advise us not to stay awake for more than twenty hours a day. Thanks for your nice comment. 

This reply was deleted.