sleep

Sleeping more than eight hours a day is good for the health, or is it bad? Sleep is like death.  Our eyes are closed, our nervous system is inactive. Our muscles... even our consciousness is not available. It is comparable to death, or am I mistaken? 

What happens when we sleep? Is there any difference between sleep, naps, dozes, siestas, or snoozes? Can we stay without sleep for more than twenty-four hours?

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In general, it is not safe to go without sleep for more than 24 hours. Insomnia can cause many serious problems retro bowl

Retro Bowl
    Retro Bowl - Play retro bowl right in the browser, compatible with all browsers and operating systems.
    • Ahoy Timothy Ferriess, thanks for your nice comment. Is it possible to be one of your friends? Thanks again.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Hello Vic. Thanks for your nice and useful comment. I will try to join this online simulator. Once more, I hope to be one of your friends. Thanks again.

• It depends on the age. When people grow older, they sleep less. Children need more sleep compare to adult.

Sleep isn't 100% like death, we're still breathing during sleep, the brain also does involuntary function, digestion is also working. Moreover, no one knows what death like as none in this life experience it. However, many say sleep is the cousin of death.

• Sleep is the best thing in the world, when I  sleep well I wake up with a lot of energy, Its is nice smile

• Hola Camila, como estas amiga? I agree with you Camila. It gives relaxation to the body. Thanks for your nice comment. Sorry for the late reply.

• Sleep is important for physical and mental health. Improves immunity, attention and concentration. The ideal is 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Studies reveal that persistent sleep after 11 hours a day may be a sign of a sleep disorder or pathological symptom.

• Haha, muito obrigado Josi. I really appreciate your nice comment. It shows us something we do not know yet. I think you go to sleep early, am I mistaken? Once more, thanks for your meaningful comment on Sleep.

• Thank you very much Salah for support me!🙏🌷

• This reply was deleted.
    • Terima kasih kembali, Peony! Maksud kamu, tidur tidak seperti kematian? excuse my broken Indonesian language. I just thought it comes with it in many intersections. Thanks for your information about the blog, Sleep. Don't forget to extend my regards to your family and friends.   

This reply was deleted.