How do you feel about homework? Do you think teachers should give homework every night? Should elementary school children have homework? In some countries, parents are trying to ban homework. Many parents think children should have the freedom to explore, discover, and read for pleasure after school. Some teachers agree. Other people think reviewing lessons after school is an important stage of learning and preparing kids for the workforce. 

What do you think? We received this question via twitter today! 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good idea!

But how do teachers know whether or not those students know how to do the homework assignment without completing  it at the first place? Heh.

The reality is nearly everyone focuses on proof instead of opinions, assumptions, etc. =)

• Homework is  the best way to create ability to revise lesson  daily .If Teacher Dose not give homework kids like that teacher but they do not give time to study except few kids. As per my opinion homework is must in initial level but give less homework not too much.  

• Also teacher can give lots of homwork bt majority of them be optional! It can be like a game,students do those whose like more!

• Yes, they should....

I'm a student now (hihihi...just student on EC). But when I see some new words or new lessons. I try my best to practice  them. It's a good way for remembering.

• This reply was deleted.
    • i think giving homework for learners is necessary for mNY REAsons:                                                                               

it helps them to study at home and  reinforce their information.

it helps them to prasctise some language skills [writing[.

it is akind of auto-learning.

• I think that Homework is very necessary for student to practice and one more do home work it show that how many percentages that they learn from the lesson.

• studying at school or taking lessons is not everything on children's life.
    Kids not only learn the lessons, but more than that, they learn how to liive in their social, in their home, how to be a good one
  • I think reviwing lessons after school is necessary , and the homework is important but not everyday ..

I like to give my students a kind of homework which shows their creativity and reflects their own thoughts :

Paragraphs ,words in sentences , pick the moral lessons from stories ...etc.

That means they have to write their own words not only copying the answers from the lessons .I think this kind of homework is more helpful in the learning process . Other activities should be done at school with the help of the teacher .

Thank you !

• Most people may take it for granted that school children should have homework. More and more people here in China have recognized that the children are being given too much homework, but,  do the children have a choice?

• I think that homework assignments are need for getting knowledge and remember things, but as many people here had said, it must be a balance. However I don´t recommend to let students without homework...

This reply was deleted.