Self confidence

If you don't even have confidence in yourself, how can you expect others to trust you? However, we do see some people show up as over-confident and you don't want to be like them. So what's definition of being self-confident? What are you confident about yourself? Is there a fine line between being confident and being over-confident? 

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, our confidence can be influenced by the attitude of others toward us. Once we pass that stage, confidence becomes self awareness which won't be easily changed by others's opinions and surrounding situations.

• Hello, how are you? Well, I believe that to be confident is to always believe in the best, even in difficult situations. Self-confidence is related to believing that your best is always within our reach! Tank you for sharing!

• Nice comment, Jodi. You are a confident person.

• Here is the definition of self confidence from internet: trusting in one's abilities, qualities and judgement. It's not about how much you know or what you can do by comparing yourself with others. Being self confident is important to feel comfortable trying new things and tapping your potential. Don't be hindered by self doubt. Be self confident 

• I'm not self-confident. I'm very shy and my self-steem is rather low. But I have a very clear set of values and I can defend them anytime. I am an honest person.
    And many time is due to that honesty that I can't pretend to have self-confident when I don't really feel like it. You can totally read it in my face!
    I consider self-confident is just that. Being confident in you ability to perform a given task. Over-confidence is thinking very highly of your abilities, in a show-offy way and more usual than not, wrongly.

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Ishtar. Well said about definition about self confident and over confident. 

• Arigato Miya! I go with Mr. Fizzy. Be straight

• Thanks for sharing, Dara gino

• I usually know what I am doing, I have every reason to be self-confident. Am I overconfident? I think no.

Personally, for me...my trust doesn't depend on people's self-confidence. No one is perfect. As for the over-confident people....in some situations, it is not that bad as the connotation of the words implicit. 

Thanks, Miya. Let's see what others say here.

• Like you said, O.M, self confident is trusting yourself instead of relying on the judgement or approval from others

This reply was deleted.