Privacy

My wife looks at my mobile phone curiously. Whenever I come back from work and go to the children's room, or the toilet or do anything, she just holds it and begins to see the messages and the pictures. At first, I did not pay attention to it, but lately, I began to feel uneasy about it. I trust my wife and she trusts me, but I feel that observing my mobile phone when I am not around is like invading my privacy. Of course, she has the right to check or fetch it if she feels anything unfamiliar or suspicious about my behavior. The question is, do you feel comfortable if someone looks, checks or spies on your cell phone?     

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• IF  one  is close and discloses to ones  beloved spouse ...I will not take it as intrusion ..i

• Xie xie Peekie! I liked every word you said. I also hope that you will be happy in your life. Thanks for your kind and nice comment. Thanks again Peekie.

• hi,dara gino.yes of course ,l would feel uncomfortable if someone always looks ,checks or spies on my cell phone.lm a women but not get married yet,l had a boy friend before ,so l can undersand this,if one women love someone,she will want to know everything about that man who she loves,maybe she wants know more about you ,maybe she worry about that you will fall in love with other women...if you and your wife love each other ,tust each other ,ok,you tell her directly,you need some privacy space,but the most important is you love her ,tell her dont worry and tust you,and if she want to look or check your phone ,just tell you and you give her .l think have some privacy space is good for each other .

• Khaili mumnoon Saba. I really liked what you said. At least, our loved ones should give us a space of privacy. By the way, where have you been? 

• Hello Dara

I don't like anyone checks my cellphone because s/he is invading my privacy. and  I never spy anyone cell phone too.

• It just depends on the people Dara......some are more private than others.......me....if my husband wanted to check out my phone I am totally okay with that......for there is nothing there I would care for him seeing.......my only gripe would be if he changed anything on it and I didn't know or understand it....then I might be aggravated.........otherwise......he has free rein to my phone.

• Dear Evangelina, thanks for the complete and nice comment. You know what? It was Mr. Estanis who got us into this code or password problem. In your comment, I noticed something. It is true that there is no smoke without a fire. We always keep something for ourselves. It is not a big deal, but that gap of privacy should always be there. Thanks, Eva. for your nice and analytic comment.

• ... When a woman’s suspicion arises there are often some legal reasons behind. He he he, Mr Dara, the question is why she started doing that and why you all of a sudden started to feel uncomfortable about it :))

There is nothing much to say about this matter, other than crossing the boundaries of disturbing others privacy, it can be any kind of privacy - Is completely and utterly unacceptable.

The Holy Grail should always be The Holy Grail as said.

Every person have some need for privacy, some time alone and need some space, it may be in any kind of relationship, and that the other part has to respect.

Being curious about and spying/sneaking in other person things, then the basis of a healthy relationship is already shaken, because when such things happens trust is no longer there.

Coming back to husband/wife, I can not understand why in such a relationship there need to be codes on phones/PC’s etc, because if that is the case then of course it will make the other part suspicious.

When all comes to all it is a matter of mutual respect and trust.

• Estanis membuat kata sandi ini, mod. Onee. It was Mr. Estanis who created the idea of the password. Some members agreed to that and others didn't. However, it is safer somehow. I just wanted to add that being nosy is not amicable. Thanks, mod. Onee for this useful addition to that discussion, Privacy.

• Dear Teacher Dara,

I agree with Azhar that the close ones who want to know our mobile do likely care or even love us. However, I don't really like it, since it is not important to do. I don't set any password anyway.

Yeah, it would be dangerous if a stranger found my phone without password, abuse can happen. Thanks for your nice discussion. :)

This reply was deleted.