Principles of Chatting

It’s a long time I’ve been here and I’ve experienced so many conversations with different people from different cultures. There are some principles that I think should be discussed in order to make it clear “How Do We Have a Respectful Conversation With a Stranger?!”.

Using some words like “Darling”, “Barbie girl”, “Sweetheart” and etc. is harsh when you’re chatting with a person for the first time. Of course there are some other words that I can’t express here. People should be close enough to use such words.

Asking some question like “How old are you?”, “Are you married?”, “Why haven’t you got married yet?”, “How much is your salary?” needs getting permission. Respecting other’s privacy is very important. Be careful about it.

I just mentioned these two points. Please share your ideas. Let’s make a clear principle of chatting.

When someone crosses the lines I usually stop chatting and I think it’s the only way to respect myself and the person at the same time. What do you do in such conditions?

The photo is a screenshot of a conversation that have been stopped by me and that’s how the person is continuing it. I don’t want anybody to know the person but I hope the person reads this discussion and your precious comments to know where he got it wrong in the way.

Thank you all.

6259966665?profile=RESIZE_710x

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mutashakrim Soheila wa nakran nabash! Don't you ever pay any attention to those banalities or insignificance talk! If you are respectable, your talk will be respectable too. My own advice is to ignore such trivialities. A very interesting topic!

• Dear Mr Gino... I usually don't mind what others say. Someday such a event happened to me. Someone said something harsh and I just ignored him. When he left a man got close to me and said: "Never stay silent when someone is bothering you like this. Not because of you, because of the next person he will meet and do the same with them." He was right. I should be responsible. Actually all people should be responsible.

Thanks for your comment 🙏

•  Hi, Soheila,

Actually, a good topic to talk in public, and to show that no one is indifferent. 

For some reason any bullies have to be ignored not cos they will do the same to others, but cos they won't get energy from your reaction. The more you react....the more success they have. So, to solve this type of problem there are two steps:1. To ignore. 2. To denounce. Point. Let the authorities stay in charge of them. 

So did you. As I've understood, you ignored that freak. And your public topic is denouncing the issue. 

PS.: and if not to ignore, especially in real life...no one knows how far this person can go...why to try your destiny..../// Do not feed his/her need. My humble opinion. 

Thanks for sharing.

• Actually I'm not a person who uses energy on such cases... but as the person didn't give up and kept sending such messages I thought maybe it's better to not just ignore it. Someone should talk about it. But about getting energy from my reaction I'm not agree with you. Nobody has the right of teasing people by their words and get nothing back.

Thanks for your comment dear friend. 

• main bash ma muafigim, Soheila! I agree with that. Crossing the red lines and interfering in the privacy of others is a crime. We have to do something about it.  I did not mean to be a coward and not to defend myself,  I meant the small things, we can ignore or avoid them. Some people will never stop their dirty work. Don't get to their level, Soheila. By avoiding or ignoring them, you are putting them in a fire. 

• What about introducing a police department in EC! Breach of rule by any member will be caught red-handed.

• well actually I want to be protected by myself in this issue... let's be independent 😂😂😂

• LOL, Gat... if there would be an EC police department, then there most probably would also be protests with banners saying..."Chatters' lives matter"... ;-)

• Let's just don't establish any protests here... we can solve our problems. Protests happen when nobody is listening to people. We can hear each other.

•  Oh My Gosh! That's so annoying. In my point of view, people don't have to ask how much your salary is if they tend to improve their english skill. I just remember about "scammer". Mostly they wanna know about salary, what do we do, and concern enough at the first time. You're right!just block people who did that to you. 

This reply was deleted.