Polygamy

The idea of the debate came to me while I was chatting with the distinguished lady, Bet. The subject is not new; it is about marrying more than one wife. God said, ((And if you fear to deal justly with orphan girls, you can marry a woman of your choice, two, and three, and four. If you are afraid to be just, take one…)). Therefore, our religion did not make polygamy obligatory or encouraged it, only in certain cases and for certain reasons. 

Will two women make a man happy? Suppose, he has three, will he be happier? What about four? These are rare cases for us, the men. In case of money and ability to do so.

One woman is enough to make her man happy. By the way, I used to have four but not at one time. I could not feel that happiness or the peace of mind. Some men might have one wife and three or four secretly. Is that right? Of course, the matter is different from one community to the other. It is a long story, but the members can give some help.     

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Saya tidak tahu apa maksudnya tentang salah wanita? Thanks Hana for your nice intervention about that discussion. I am going to take my son to the dentist. I shall come back later to reply that valuable discussion. I really appreciate it. Thanks for your comment on Polygamy.

• Nanndree mod. Nadira! Of course, the wife should be told about it. I meant in certain cases, like say, if a man is too rich and his wife does not satisfy his desires or is unable to give birth to let him have a child. Circumstances differ. What I meant, at first, he can start with his marriage without telling her and later on, he does that. Because it is his right to marry up to four as long as he can be fair to the other wife or wives. I guess it is a bit complicated, mod Nadira. Thanks for your comment on Polygamy. 

• Hello Mr. Gino, bravo to your top content. I'm here to join the discussion.

The thing is that is rare to find a woman who can accept polygamy peacefully. When you find a wrong woman, don't think about two, three or four, even one also you might be stressful because of woman. How can you expect to have more than one wife? 

As what I know, it's not from Islam the Polygamy had been introduced. Because before Islam came, the practice of polygamy already did by the men in the past. Such as in a Kingdom, they have so many women although the legal wife only a queen. But exactly the practice was they like to marry some women. Islam came to manage the numbers of having wives. Because The creator knows that men biological body are different than women, it's why He doesn't forbid you to marry more than one but limits the numbers till four and also with the consequences. If you can't be just, you will pay it later or sooner. 

And also, however many men today can't manage their own life. It's rare to find a man has the capacity to have four wives. Not only about money, but also the sexual capability. It's rare to find a man with strong body and mind to manage marriage life with some woman like in the past time. 

• Terima kasih banyak Icha!  As the matter of fact, I did not want the discussion to take that course. I mentioned that verse from our religion to explain that polygamy is not a compulsory item in our religion. It is just a matter of choice. I really wanted to find a solution for polygamy. Mr. Mishaikh told the respected lady to avoid Islamophobia. Being so fanatic can lead to that. Believe me Icha, I just wanted to find some way to this topic. Thanks Icha for your comment on Polygamy.   

• Kiya haal hain Adnan jee? Sorry for my late reply. If you see the comment of Mr. Iraqi John, Mr. Mishaikh, the respected lady, Rosemary or Fatiha, you could find some sort of harmonization or agreement. I agree with you, Adnan, if the first woman agrees, her husband can go ahead. By the way, some women do, in cases of inability to give their husbands kids or other cases. Thanks Adnan for your comment on Polygamy.

• Simmi, main tum ku sahamat hoon! I agree with you Simmi. It depends on the man himself. If he is greedy, he cannot be satisfied with one or two. By the way, my friend Svetlana used that word, 'greed', but the handsome teacher, Mr. Danny Clark preferred the term 'thirst' instead. Thanks Simmi for your nice comment on Polygamy. 

• it depends on men either he would be happier with one or more wives or not if a man doesn't elated with one wife then he would never delighted by having 2 or 3 spouses

• Terima kasih Faiz Glto!  I hope to be  one of your friends. Thanks for pressing the like button of Polygamy.

• Some people create laws and write rules and others break them. In my country polygamy is banned too. Therefore, most of people have lovers and hide it.
    To be honest, I don't judge anyone. No one knows the real reasons of their actions.

• Feelin dank Bernd Kohl! Thanks for your  comment on Polygamy.

This reply was deleted.