Polygamy

The idea of the debate came to me while I was chatting with the distinguished lady, Bet. The subject is not new; it is about marrying more than one wife. God said, ((And if you fear to deal justly with orphan girls, you can marry a woman of your choice, two, and three, and four. If you are afraid to be just, take one…)). Therefore, our religion did not make polygamy obligatory or encouraged it, only in certain cases and for certain reasons. 

Will two women make a man happy? Suppose, he has three, will he be happier? What about four? These are rare cases for us, the men. In case of money and ability to do so.

One woman is enough to make her man happy. By the way, I used to have four but not at one time. I could not feel that happiness or the peace of mind. Some men might have one wife and three or four secretly. Is that right? Of course, the matter is different from one community to the other. It is a long story, but the members can give some help.     

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you, Mr Josef Essberger for such simple explanation!

Hahah, I remember about penta, hexa, hepta, octa, nona, deca from the school chemistry clases :)

• Dyakuyu Roman! We should make a challenge regarding this matter as Mr. Josef mentioned. I hope the members will make a challenging topic about it. Thanks for your comment on Polygamy.

• Indeed, a serious topic. Just allow me to ask the question, "What about women? Why it isn't allowed to them to have also more than one man?" Please, dear readers of my comment, don't take my question too serious. Don't start a religious discussion, please. Just the facts!!! It's just to know why. There must be one who knows the answer.

• Shookran bizzaf ya Fatiha! Wa lakin haka mush miziyan. I agree with you. Some of us translate what is going according to their desires and wishes. Those women who agree to live with another woman in the same house as the second or first wife. They have courage and determination. The matter is not a fixed rule. Imagine me having more than two big famous companies. What do I do with all that money? Thanks Fatiha for your comment.    

• It is up to you to think that way as it is for me as a woman.

All my respects

• La mushkila ya Fatiha. Ana ahtrim wijhat natharik. I really respect your point of view. Thanks for your comment again.

• By the way, you are the first to comment here. I really appreciate it. For the observation, of the language, I guess you were right about it. As I mentioned before, I need some help from the members regarding this matter. Despite your various responsibilities, you act quickly and succinctly. Many many thanks. 

• Hi,

It's not an order from Allah to men that they have to marry more than one woman, it's all about choices, men can't be just, it's about their desire to have more than one, there are women who accept the situation they accept to live with other women even in a same house and never complain about that.

What i wanna say is that it isn't a rule, it isn't a law like all men think, it's a choice to make with the agreement of a woman of course.

it's a good subject to discuss especially with muslims who interprete Koran as they like.

• Thanks Mr. Josef for your comment. 

• You missed an excellent opportunity to make a language point: the meaning of poly, mono etc ;)
This reply was deleted.