People around the world use paper towels for cleaning in the bathrooms after defecating instead of water. This is making a lot of arguments. Can those tissues clean and remove all the litter and dirt compared to water? I can imagine how they can remove a chocolate paste or a chocolate sauce from our skin.

Naturally, water is a better cleaner than those papers. Are there any studies, researches, or scientific means to prove that? In our country, some people use paper towels, especially in public toilets.

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• La muskhilah ya Tawfeeq! Every nation has its own way of cleaning. I can use those tissues or other means to remove that dirt from that delicate area of our body. In my opinion, water can do the job better than those other means. Our friend, Tam said they have a device like a fountain to do the cleaning from underneath. Of course, it is available in many countries. I am not here to blame those who use paper towels, but I am just wondering whether the water can be used as a substitute. Thanks, Tawfeeq for your comment.

• 3746919733?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Como estas senior Estanis? What are you doing? Most of the members of the club are laughing because of your funny pictures. I can hear the laughter of that lovely lady, Glosky.  What shall I say? Thanks for making an atmosphere of merriment to that controversial topic. 

• Hahahahaha!!! You are so funny estanis!

• Masaya ka Glosky! I am glad you are happy. 

• Lol Estanis, You are funny !!  hahahaha

• Adriano Martelli, e lui? Thanks.

• 3746940392?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Hallo Iris! Naughty children. 

• Oi there, folks

To my humble thinking we should not go too personal with my friend Dara's discussion topic. It would be reasonable to view it in the aspect of "technology" and not "personal preference"! 

When I was in Kuwait I had the personall possibility to experience both "methods" and I must frankly say that the washing up method was by far the most effective way of keeping personal hygiene, not to mention the comfort of having a 100% clean bum! :-)

There should be no problem with the washing up issue as there is a specific appliance called "bidet" created specially for this purpose. In my case, when there is no such utility available, I just take a plastic beverage bottle filled with water to the toilet and give my bum what it deserves!!!

This reply was deleted.