Names

It is the word by which we are known or addressed to. Some of us are very careful about naming their children. If the name is good, it shows the good qualities of its bearer, and on the contrary, if the name is not good, it refers to undesired qualities of the person. This supposition is not correct all the time.
The name of a person can be "Shaker", and he is not necessarily a religious man. Other names like "loser", but its holder can be a successful person. My question, is it important to choose good names for our children?   

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Namayei wa yei o ini suru!  Tam, remember I told you that I would try to find or tell you about the meaning of my name. In our language and Hebrew, it means an apartment or a house. In our language, it also means a newly delivered woman. In the Russian language, it means donation. In Armenian and Azerbaijani language, it means tare. in the Bengali langue, it means by. In the Spanish language, it means, give to. In Portuguese, it means, will give. In the Indonesian language, it means virgin. Tam, it is time for Ishaa prayer here in Saudi Arabia. See you and thanks for the link

• Hi Dara. Thank you for your teaching. Oh, "Dara " has many meanings.

• Yokoso, watashi no youjin, Tam! You are most welcome. I hope I learn some more about your language. Welcome again. 

• Ami apnar shakhe akemat! I really agree with your logical comment. It indeed gives a push to the person's confidence. It is better to be a good one. Does your name mean flourishing? I did not know about that. My friends, Farhad, Rippon, Ahul Khair and many others teach me Bangla, but I am still very weak. Be always grateful to your parents, Tonny. remember Paradise is under the feet of one of them. Thanks again for a nice comment. I really appreciate it.

• I think it is must and important to have a meaningful and good name for our children. This is the first gift from parents and of course many dreams, love and emotions are attached to it. Good names profound impacts on a child well into adulthood. It enhances person's confident and attitude subconsciously, after all this is an identity! When someone after asking my name, reply wow! sweet/nice name! It feels really great. Your saying is absolute Dara to some extent that, if the name is not good, it doesn't refer always to undesired qualities of a person. I am Tonny which means Flourishing. I love both my name and it's meaning. So grateful to my parents.

Thanks Dara for sharing your words. I believe name good or bad have a long lasting effect so better to choose good and meaningful one.

• Tamam ya Ahmed2015! if the couples take some time to have a baby, and it comes after many years of waiting, they call that child or rather give that child the descriptive name. For instance, they are very happy about this child, then, they call him "Joy" or as we say in Arabic, "Farah". If the parents are poor and then a new baby is born and wealth comes to that family, then he is called "Happy". Thanks, Ahmed for your useful comment.

• A lot of couples, relatives and parents, when one of them gives birth to a new born in the name of new and distinctive, especially if the girl is a female beloved to her parents by naming a distinctive name and has a special luster and come as a gift and gift from God Almighty

• Hey Tam, You just said my thought so beautifully. I am going to read your blog now regarding Name. Thanks for sharing your words.

• Hi, Tonny. You are welcome. I am glad to hear that.

• Teeka assay Tonny! I hope you enjoy reading mine and his. Thanks for liking and thanks for your comment on that discussion, names.

This reply was deleted.