money and happiness

Of course, every one of us wants to be happy in his life. How do we do that?

Is it possible to buy happiness by money? I have a lot of money; does that mean I am happy? If the answer is yes, it means that poor people are not happy. Depression and other distressing thoughts, do they have anything to do with happiness? Can we be happy by our quality of thoughts?

Many questions, I hope to find some answers for them, thanks for your contributions.  

You need to be a member of MyEnglishClub to add comments!

Join MyEnglishClub

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Comment allez vous mon ami, Chabane? Money is not everything, that is true. Other people think it is the nerves of life. Here, I am a bit confused. I go with your idea to some extent, but, I don't know why there are always "buts"? Thanks, Chab.

• Shayed, yah kiya tha, Mishaikh sahib. I fully, agree with that. If we are contented with what was given to us, that will bring happiness in our life. Hey! Mr. Mishaikh, How would I be contented? If Allah gives me one thousand dollars, I want more. I see that 'X' is having two thousand. I would not be contented with one, I would hope for more. Look at me for instance. In my dictionary, there is no word that was named 'content'. I will ask for more. I asked Allah that I would be contented at Jumaa prayer yesterday. I am glad you have inserted that word 'content' in our discussion. In Arabic we say, contentment is an inexhaustible treasure.    

• Shookran jazeelan ya Rosemary! Thanks for those tips above. Did you mean money can buy many things but not happiness? Thanks again Rosemary.

• Travino Roman ee dyakuyu! Different views and thought can make the happiness of some people. I agree with that. That discussion about "if you are so smart, why not rich" takes us to work in that direction. Thanks, Ramon.

• Well, this discussion reminds me one discussion "if you are so smart, why not rich?" It is not easy to be happy. I think each of us have different view or thoughts about happiness:)

• Money is not everything but everything will be difficult without it :). In my point of view and experience, happiness has no direct correlation with money, happiness is very subjective. It is true sometimes money can help us get happiness but at the other time, money can also ruin our life .
    To be happy in this short life, I suggest we should not become a slave of anything especially money, money is just the tool, not the aim of this life. Be the master of your life, do what you think is right and good for yourselves and others, then happiness will follow.
  • This article said everything. That's true. To add, Money buys any physical thing not psychological and emotional.

• Merci beacoup mon  ami, Chabane. Thanks for your rare words about psychology concerning money and happiness, thanks agina.

• Not everything money can do or buy, we exchange things without money. Money is not everything in the world. Money can kill someone.

• Dara, SABR (Contentedness) gives happiness.  Be happy with what you have, money or not money. Being wealthy gives big responsibility, sometimes it is a problem like poverty is. If you are not balanced you do have any happiness even if you are rich.  If you are SAABIR (contended) then you can achieve happiness even in poverty.  We should pray Allah (Always) that He keeps us dependent upon Him and only Him.

Thanks for the topic.

This reply was deleted.